Are you stockpiling for quarantine?

IdleRich

IdleRich
In Portugal no-one seems to be aware of this at all... dunno if it's confidence in the authorities to deal with it or simple ignorance. Probably the latter, nobody watches the news or pays attention to current affairs or whatever, I might start asking people if they've heard of coronavirus.

Last edited:

comelately

Wild Horses
I am a born hoarder and a gym-rat - so I already had lots of protein powder from Bulkpowders & I bought a lot of lentils from when they're cheap at New Year. Recently I have picked up a bit of UHT milk and rice *just in case*. I'd struggle to go 90 days on what I have, but a month would probably be just about ok.

Leo

I'm recommend hoarding liquid hand soap. already difficult to find here, and the advice is to wash your hands many times a day, so using it up much quicker than usual. we're fine for now but constantly on the lookout for an extra refill.

Last edited:

DannyL

Wild Horses
My partner spent 70 quid on a stockpile today. Tinned food, pasta, and a bunch of other stuff. Gonna be fucking weird if it does happen. Unprecedented. I'm juggling a kinda Boys Adventure excitement with the thought that old people I know (i.e. parents) may well die.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Done a bit of stockpiling but nothing too extreme. Dinner of the day is going to be very boring if this hits the pandemic stage.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
In Portugal no-one seems to be aware of this at all... dunno if it's confidence in the authorities to deal with it or simple ignorance. Probably the latter, nobody watches the news or pays attention to current affairs or whatever, I might start asking people if they've heard of coronavirus.

The Portuguese president has put himself in isolation or something.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah, all changed since I wrote that last post.... people in masks and stuff all over the place. I haven't done any stocking up whatsoever though.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
We're the proud owners of a 3 kg bag of pasta, but that's only because the Mrs didn't read the size of the pack while placing an online supermarket order the other day.

john eden

male pale and stale
I think everyone buying a bit more than they need (if they can afford it obvs) is good and sensible.

IdleRich

IdleRich
A little bit concerning that Nadine Dorries, the parliamentary under-secretary for health, has confirmed that she has tested positive for the virus.