Cringeworthy

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
@luka The colour of plasticine when you mix it all up

I had to give @Mr. Tea his due on the still a canny read quip, even though you want to wicker man him. Working in any face to face environment draws your options out. The cues aren’t there in text

Like the half-breed point in rugby, yet we live on magpie island anyway borrowing from everywhere. Company can shift it, not as class but in certain company more slang might come out and others you just want to be understood clearly.

The odd pish. Duck is default Nottingham, it’s the trickiest of all not to say as it’s an accent in and of itself

i think i personally have to do it in some kind of voice just becasue words written on paper are generally meant to be enunicated correctly which entails putting on a different voice from my usual speaking voice and if im doing that anyway might as well invent a whole new character, or you draw out the character implicit on the page

It’s the character gap that’s uncomfortable. The written word has an excess of meaning that the newly exposed reader can’t fully convey. If it’s your own stuff then you know where to apply emphasis drama drynes irony etc

luka

i felt my accent slipping a bit when i lived away from home for extended periods. weird sensation.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
dunno what you’re referring to. I do hate my voice like everyone does but luka will tell you it’s very stimulating, erotic

Erotic Fiction

Baritone Belfast, paint-stripping raw or softened into a seductive lilt, like a catholic version of your man Frank Carson

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
i felt my accent slipping a bit when i lived away from home for extended periods. weird sensation.

Vowels flatten to neutral tones. Moving south first then working abroad was continually adjusting to all kinds of interactions. It’s subtle yet direct, you’re not really plotting graphs of it shifting as it happens. It slaps back when you get home. No mercy for Trithtramth

Limmy does a really good take on designer Glasgow and another on Scottish regionals. Ferocious. Jacqueline McCaffterty and John-Paul in their own way too. A city’s pride and embarrassments can be deeply tied to accent and/or dialect. Certain Edinburgh accents reach whatever cringe is or isn’t. Disgust is strong. The twee kind. All into fucking golf and the festival. Oh the festival is looking sooo schweet this shummor. Get the fuck out jambo cunts

What’s cringeworthy in that there Laaanan language you all speak these days? The M1 pipeline travels north to south as much as the opposite might be presumed

Last edited:

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Rory McIlroy (MBE) does my bonce in. Overtly Americanised. You think c’mon wee man, you’re not playing the swagger card like Conor McGregor. We get it, it’s golf, a game you play in Pringle jumpers, but you are all over that ridiculous warped flow spouted like a rapist. Fuck off

linebaugh

Not that most of all content hasnt always been bad, but with everyone having the means to content creation our filters are doubly ineffective. As such your first exposure to an unfamiliar or new scene is likely bad content. Its not the fully realized vision of something developed out of sight in the underground, its the embarrassing growing pains of the learning process on full display. Very cringey

Leo

doesn't really qualify for what you're asking @RWY but many years after we were married, my wife told me she inwardly freaked out when, on our second date, I made some reference to how I had missed her. she took it as if I was perhaps some clingy psycho who was already plotting out our lives together when it was actually just an off the cuff remark, since it had been a couple of weekend between first and second dates. I'm glad she didn't express her horror, would've made things awkward in a way that might not have recovered.

moral of the story: don't tell women you miss them until after marriage. or the third date, anyway.