The Dissensus Canon

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I never knew that this was a sample from a rai track!

Think it could be unique in the ardkore continuum on that score alone, but I'd love it if there were others

Only heard this/dance to this in a rave environment once, at Freerotation festival. Peverelist dropped it. I was on a massive comedown so most of the great stuff he was playing was bouncing off me but this one punched through. Sounds absolutely phenomenal on a rig. Obviously has canonical status in the nuum and I am hoping on Dissensus too.

mvuent

Void Dweller
adding a little early electronics to the cannon

i've never really liked this one. especially the melody that appears 1 minute in. so forced.

same with the bbc radiophonic workshop stuff in general. it's easy to see why indie rock people like elephant 6 gravitated towards that aesthetic. it's like the steampunk of electronic music. very quirky and ye olde timey.

but i'm sure no one agrees with me on this so i'll shut up now :eek:

(also delia was obviously a tragic genius, not denying that)

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i've never really liked this one. especially the melody that appears 1 minute in. so forced.

same with the bbc radiophonic workshop stuff in general. it's easy to see why indie rock people like elephant 6 gravitated towards that aesthetic. it's like the steampunk of electronic music. very quirky and ye olde timey.

but i'm sure no one agrees with me on this so i'll shut up now :eek:

(also delia was obviously a tragic genius, not denying that)

which one of hers would you pick for the canon? i'm not an expert on her music at all.

mvuent

Void Dweller
check it

might change your mind

nice documentary but i'm halfway through and it's not changing my mind at all! listen to how gleefully they recount how the machines were cobbled together from "rubbish" and how there was one named "the wobbulator" etc. innovative or not it's tiresome in the same way steampunk is.

sus

Never see The Departed, is that the one with Keira Knightly where her army boyfriend gets shipped off to the trenches?