Books and films to read and watch while self-isolating

sufi

lala
& what about lrb? their new paywall is a tiny bit trickier to bypass than the old one since they rebuilt their website, not much though! or are they offering free access? they should!

luka

Can you post a link for 'on the scrapheap' please?

It was written on typewriter. Most of its component parts are on the wonderful poetry thread. I might photograph it later if I'm bored enough but you'll hate it. It's one of the weirder ones. You'll lose your rag and call me a cheef again.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Got the sproglets into The Box of Delights tv series. Robert Stephens is a master at barely controlled malevolence. They love it, the titles with a sublime theme tune, wolf heads & antlered blokes, just abstract enough for them to explore & sinister enough to spell out the world is a sketchy place.

Wife & myself are midway through the complete works of David Lynch. Immense for the evenings. She watches ER once the morning Armageddon quietens down while I get on with work, then we switch early afternoon and I get to watch The Sopranos. Again. Add Fishing With John. Ever seen Dennis Hooper fishing? Exactly

Re-reading Blood Meridian when possible, because somewhere, out there, Judge Holden is in a face mask in Asda waiting for me.

Music is the best escape of all, personally speaking, but there are other threads to spam that.

luka

I read Box of Delights over Christmas too. Superb book. I read that, then earthsea, then Lord of the rings.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Box of Delights is great... well I remember loving the series thirty years back and the book is amazing. I think there is another one too - Night People or something?
Can't believe I've only just realised that people have been panic buying toilet paper cos of all the wanking.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Slightly more poetic title... The Midnight Folk, in case it wasn't clear it's about magical creatures, not coked up ravers.