Anti Virus Strategies

john eden

male pale and stale
Didn’t leave the house today cos I had too much to do. Lots of Skype meetings that were quite good in fact.

Did 500 steps instead of the usual 10,000. That’s going to need to stop. Gonna get my shit bike out and shitly ride it round the borough.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Getting some resistance bands delivered tomorrow. Probably should be doing some outdoor running though, if it isn't too risky.

version

There's a skating blog I read which recently discussed the prospect of all the unguarded spots up for grabs,

Is this opportunity or temptation? Modern skateboarding trades in bodily harm the way backroom sharps deal cards, and stack big faces. Are weeks of coronavirus-induced fever, bodily pain, respiratory disruptions and potential death far off the more traditional days of soreness from pile-driving one’s self to the bottom of a spot, or months immobilized in a cast? At hand, potentially, is a global smorgasbord of lightly tended spots. But with the current bodily harm risk factor extending well beyond any carcass-hucker and any potential board-to-the-head takers on the session, should this smorgasbord be sampled, at risk of spreading hazardous contagion, prolonging the pandemic and risking further mortality? This once-in-a-generation* conundrum now stands before pros, ams, bros and barneys the world over, as security guards, business owners and other streetlevel authority figures hunker down to ponder societal fabrics and Netflix watchlists.

With the clock ticking on a skatespot supermarket sweep, are vans already rolling and trick lists compiled, prioritized and checked off? Does heightened anxiety and fraying emotion ramp the tension and aggression in any confrontation with those left to stand guard? Will rapidly shifting municipal, state and federal coronavirus responses place wayward skaters at risk of being wrung up on public endangerment charges for crossing city, county and state lines, whilst rubbing ungloved boards and body parts across ledges, handrails and other public/private properties? Should everybody just stay home, and invest in Kyle Berard-built backyard spots?

https://boiltheocean.wordpress.com/...rum-of-the-alien-workshop-quarantine-graphic/

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
Since I work from home and don't go out very often, my life is much the same as before. Except that I've been doing very little work. I suppose I should get back to that really :slanted:

sufi

lala
My concentration span, never briliant, has really deteriorated. Especially for work on the computer, which is also providing the constant stream of grippingly horrific updates.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Just went out for a walk and it really is warm today. Hints of spring in the air. ("April is the cruellest month...")

Went to Tesco. No bog roll on the shelves. Get to the counter and ask if they are likely to have some in the morning.

Girl behind the counter looks a bit shifty and quietly asks how much I need. Then goes and gets some from the back. If they put it out, she explained, people will fight over it.

Really weird.

Also the pharmacist where all the staff are wearing masks and gloves, also weird.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Shops are soon going to be pretending to sell loads of other things in a really random, haphazard way as a front for a secret password-only toilet paper and hand sanitiser operation out back. You have to go in and ask if Dave's around.

"But why does this neighbourhood corner shop sell yoyos yet not stock any milk?" etc We've seen this before somewhere...

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Just heard a woman in Saisnbury's get told she can't have three pasties! :eek:

The humanity!

Shot some more hoops today

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-18 at 15.02.31.jpeg

Was losing my mind a few days ago when it all felt a bit too real. Strongly recommend people getting out to an open space, away from the masses and doing a bit of exercise. Have a run, ride a bike, kick a ball, whatever. Preferably to the point where you break a little sweat. You'll thank yourself afterwards, I promise. I'm no longer envisioning a Robocop type scenario anymore

Leo

we've been on pretty solid self-isolation: since last Friday, only left the apartment once (on Tuesday) to go food shopping, will need to go out again tomorrow or Friday. probably go for a walk tomorrow to get some fresh air, been working out a little on a rowing machine. so far so good, minor bickering, binging on new season of "better call Saul" and season two of "Shtisel" (I know, it doesn't seem interesting but season one was really good).