Exploring Portugal

IdleRich

IdleRich
Exploring abandoned Portugal.

20200317_171529.jpg

20200317_172513.jpg

20200317_173108.jpg

20200317_173025.jpg

Loads more if people are interested and want a break from you-know-what.

sufi

lala
dude i went to an amazing place in portugal years and years ago, it was somewhere inland from the algarve and was this sorta lake/dam type place - i remember they had theose creepy "sunshine holiday club" resort places there.
the landscape was well picturesque and has possibly assumed even odder forms in my mind. little lumpy hills enmerging from the lake, pedalos and kayaks
ring any bells at all? i know that's super-vague!

we had a couple of minimokes, the game was that we'd speed down those red dirty roads kicking up great clouds of dust and whoever was in front would pull a sudden hand brake turn soon as they got out of sight, and surprise the 2nd vehicle by appearing right in front of them in the wrong direction whoa, that and cheap brandy, amazed we survived

IdleRich

IdleRich
The only place I been in the Algarve (apart from the cities) is this kinda hippy party village place which almost soubds right but not quite.

craner

Beast of Burden
I was there in September with my girlfriend who immediately twisted her ankle, so we spent the whole time hobbling to the beach. The water was colder than it was in Gower!

DannyL

Wild Horses
This picture jumped out at me... who isx one who aint Putin?

the world...

Anyone ever done this in London? I thought it might be a fun thing to get into. Lots of overlap with graff as we can see from the photos. that's perhaps something that's gonna go off a bit while we're on lockdown. Writers love Xmas day 'cos they can get out and bomb shit unmolested and it sounds like it'll be open season for a while.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Water is fucking cold yeah, surely warmer in Leigh-on-Sea than most of the beaches here.
My friend actually wiped out that Putin picture with his own tag yesterday, took advantage of the quiet like you said... but just as he started the only five people we saw all day came jogging round the corner.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It is crazy how cold the water is in fact. One time I went to this beach that we go to fairly often on a hot day in summer and they had floated this kinda huge, I dunno, bouncy castle type thing with slides and stuff about 50m out from the beach. There were boats to take you to the thing and you had to pay for a ride... I thought fuck that, I'll just swim it, and then I got into the water and was almost paralyzed with cold. The 50m distance was completely insurmountable, it might as well have been a thousand miles wide canyon, I swear no human alive could have made it.
Some of them near Setubal seem to be a bit warmer though, or maybe I'm slightly used to it now.

craner

Beast of Burden
It was surprising. I grew up swimming off the Welsh coast and still do, so I'm quite hardy about this. My girlfriend grew up in Antigua so she's not. I thought she was just being typically wimpish about the water until I got in it. It was 30 degrees in the sun but the water was like Arctic ice.

version

It was surprising. I grew up swimming off the Welsh coast and still do, so I'm quite hardy about this. My girlfriend grew up in Antigua so she's not. I thought she was just being typically wimpish about the water until I got in it. It was 30 degrees in the sun but the water was like Arctic ice.

I watched this and the Vice film on Wim Hof the other day,

Leo

these photos are great, rich. I can almost smell the dank scent of urine (that's the way all these types of abandoned places are in the states, anyway).

IdleRich

IdleRich
I don't think that was the reason... I just think he didn't give a fuck and he thought his would look good there. I dunno much about this world in fact but when we were walking back he was telling me about how he had been doing it for years and years in that town and how he recognised most of the tags and knew most of the people and so on... he said that some tags you wouldn't want to go over and so on, there's an etiquette basically. So now I come to think of it maybe that one was from someone he didn't like or didn't know but I didn't put those things together cos that conversation came later on.

catalog

I know very little about the world as well, but one thing I do know is that some writers don't like people who stencil, cos they don't think it's proper, don't consider it the same thing etc. This seems to vary, and there are definitely some people who do the whole lot, spraying, stencilling, commissions etc