Worst songs you've ever heard?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
corpsey, luka, behave yourselves. the death march aspect of dubstep was the only good thing about it. in fact when deep mellow housier dubstep started becoming a thing as a counterweight to wobble, that spelled the beginning of the end.

oh shit had already responded earlier lol. soz corpse.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I've lived in both places. Auckland the music scene is sweet, gentle, bland. Polynesians making soft edged dub inspired muzak to sit on the grass and smoke weed to.

Australia I don't think had a music scene. I didn't notice one anyway.

no but their birds are basically fit as fuck but paradoxically so garishly intolerable. Learn to smoke a 9 gram spliff, Tracy!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
This nails something I’ve felt about australia for a while. There seems to be something missing... a collective amnesia, an emptiness, and a rootlessness which was created. And it was created because this is a civilisation who want to forget genocide

In terms of the cultural cringe I think americans have a lot of it. They’re always renouncing their own culture. The woke ones especially.

I think the amnesia of a lot of you english cunts about your imperialist past is about avoiding cultural cringe too.

FBPE have it about brexiteers.

It’s described as an inferiority complex (my culture is below others) but it’s also superiority complex (i’m above my own culture). And this is very tied to class too isn’t it, chavs, the demonisation of the working class.

You could argue that Joyce had cultural cringe about Ireland, in fact this was his muse, a shame and disgust that propelled him beyond all english writers.

I can have cultural cringe about plenty of northern irish culture

I’d like to argue that the reason life is cringeworthy is The Brits

gazes lovingly into shiels eyes yes mate, fancy going on a gabber dungeon date?

martin

----
A disgrace to Ireland. The UVF must have been wetting themselves:

On the other hand, maudlin, soppy neo-nazi ballads are an entire galaxy of atonal cringe (just as well I couldn't find "N.R. Rap" by No Remorse, it would have made everything posted so far sound vital).

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
it ain't fuckin pingers its garys. standard.

once asked a dealer in a south london club for 3 garys and he was like whats garys? Kids today...
Me and a mate of mine once tried to popularize "Harrys", as in Harry Hill. Didn't catch on.

the beat is so stiff and lifeless. Funny to listen back to that era when such lifelessness was absolutely fine. it's almost like the drums didnt really matter

boxedjoy

that was a big tune in my mid-00s electrohouse clubbing days, but only the instrumental. The vocal version is awful. I remember hearing it both in lots of mixes and when I was physically in clubs and it always struck me as odd how you never heard it coming in - it literally just always seemed to have that main synth line come in out of nowhere. I'd always rather hear "Mandarine Girl" or "Body Language" aka the tracks it so desperately wants to be

boxedjoy

there was a vocal, revved-up version of The Freaks "The Creeps" that came out a year or two after the original was doing the rounds too and it was even worse, forced sexiness and pseudo-punk posturing, why did this have to happen

boxedjoy

The worst song ever is Mr Blobby.
I always think of Mr Blobby as a different kind of bad - it is deliberately trying to be cheap, obnoxious, unpleasant. It's basically Trolling: The Theme. It does exactly what it sets out to do and for that reason it can't be the worst.

Compared to something like that rapping Only Fools And Horses horror on the first page where you know someone somewhere thought the idea was good and they believed in it, the shittiness of Mr Blobby isn't just built into but is exactly the point.

martin

----
I always think of Mr Blobby as a different kind of bad - it is deliberately trying to be cheap, obnoxious, unpleasant. It's basically Trolling: The Theme. It does exactly what it sets out to do and for that reason it can't be the worst.

Compared to something like that rapping Only Fools And Horses horror on the first page where you know someone somewhere thought the idea was good and they believed in it, the shittiness of Mr Blobby isn't just built into but is exactly the point.
Yeah, and I'd rather listen to Mr Blobby a million times while WYH's tormentrix cracks out the cheese grater than ever think about that Bodyrox song again.

Also, the Mr Blobby video, daft as it was, wasn't as bad as some 39-year old alcoholic divorced bod in a creative agency, spinning around in his chair beneath the 'mood board', pre-financial crash, and coming up with what he thought was a 'sexy' video to pitch to 'the young folks'.