Coronaspam

Woebot

FUCKING HATE THIS.

Companies you're barely even aware of emailing you with their coronapolicy

"As a client of xxxxxxxx, or someone who has requested a quotation from us, within the last three years, we wanted to write to you to provide you with an update on our response to Covid-19. Covid-19 is clearly breaking new ground and the current situation is unprecedented. The UK Government is announcing new measures on a regular basis to slow down the spread of the virus with the aim of helping the NHS to cope with demand. The situation is incredibly fluid and will undoubtedly continue to change in the coming days, weeks and months.
Whilst there is no shortage of information from news and social media channels, there is little clarity on what you should do in your business. We are constantly updating our coronavirus response page to provide you with up to date information here.

Given the current uncertainty, we suggest the following practical steps:
Keep accurate financial records during the time in case the UK Government introduces an initiative to recompense or support.
Contact your local MP to request that the Government takes action to support UK businesses.
Remain vigilant regarding situation updates and heed UK Government and other guidance regarding the health & safety of your employees.
For those who need to work from home, please ensure that you have sufficient insurance cover in place for laptops and equipment.
Changes to the workforce – if you have to consider making redundancies you should let us know in advance as this will be a material fact on management liability / EPL policies.

As already mentioned, the situation is fluid and changing on a regular basis. We will do all we can to keep our clients up-to-date on developments.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I feel like Sainsburys Chief Executive Mike Coupe is a personal confidant at this stage. He writes most days.

Woebot

[very slow clapping] Thans SO MUCH AirBnB :rolleyes:

Hi Matthew,
We want to update you about the latest UK Government advice related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

On 23 March, the UK Government directed that people must stay at home apart from essential travel or they may face penalties. This came into effect immediately and includes all non-essential travel within the UK. The UK Government has also issued further guidance to businesses and premises to close, which covers accommodation businesses.

This step follows the advice issued by the UK Government on 17 March, advising against all non-essential overseas travel, for an initial period of 30 days. For the latest travel advice from the UK Government, visit their website. Please read this guidance and consider how it applies to your personal circumstances.

To find out the latest guidance from Airbnb, please visit our dedicated resource centre.

Let's do our part to keep everyone safe.

Thanks,
The Airbnb Team

craner

Beast of Burden
[very slow clapping] Thans SO MUCH AirBnB :rolleyes:

Hi Matthew,
We want to update you about the latest UK Government advice related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

On 23 March, the UK Government directed that people must stay at home apart from essential travel or they may face penalties. This came into effect immediately and includes all non-essential travel within the UK. The UK Government has also issued further guidance to businesses and premises to close, which covers accommodation businesses.

This step follows the advice issued by the UK Government on 17 March, advising against all non-essential overseas travel, for an initial period of 30 days. For the latest travel advice from the UK Government, visit their website. Please read this guidance and consider how it applies to your personal circumstances.

To find out the latest guidance from Airbnb, please visit our dedicated resource centre.

Let's do our part to keep everyone safe.

Thanks,
The Airbnb Team

My mum got a shitty email from them two weeks ago for cancelling some Spaniards.

Woebot

My favourite so far. From a Yoga centre :D

Epidemic - Janapadodhwamsa

Janapadodhwamsa is the term in Ayurveda texts describing an epidemic.

Janapada - affliction of large population

udhwamsa - destruction/death of masses

Two causes of epidemic is mentioned:

1) Evitable - An imbalance in the air, water, earth and seasons results in epidemics due to the serious imbalance in nature. You may recall that just before Coronavirus dominated the news there were many reports of floods, fires, earthquakes and extreme, unseasonal weather events.

2) Inevitable - It is also mentioned in Ayurveda that the position of the celestial bodies (planets, sun and moon) can be a causative factor in epidemics. According to Vedic astrologers it is currently the case that there is a planetary configuration indicating epidemic.

The first is strongly influenced by the actions of humans, the second we can do little about, it will pass in time.

The cause of the evitable factors are listed as adharma of rulers and people in general, war, curse, pathogens and evil forces.

"Because of the dissapearance of dharma (right living) there is no rainfall in time or there is no rainfall at all;
or there is abnormality in the rainfall;
air does not blow properly and there is abnormality in the earth, water (reservoirs) dry up;
medicinal herbs loose their normal attributes and are impaired.
Consequently there is a destruction of the country because of impairment of food and drink."
Charaka Samhita

Ayurveda teaches that by using our intelligence correctly we can follow a health promoting lifestyle that supports personal health and protects the earth and maintains harmony in the environment.

While we see international meetings to discuss the climate and environment along with recent environmental events, the urgent need to restore and create a sustainable, healthy environment is obvious. At this time the teachings of Ayurveda have a particular relevance and resonance.

Ayurveda is the 'Science of Life', 'Natures Medicine' and 'the right way to live'

It is said that even if the four factors of air (vayu), water (jala), earth (desha) and season (kala) are imbalanced a person will not suffer from the disease if he is protected by proper medicine and has good immunity cultivated by wholesome living practices.

To support our health we can;

Take appropriate rest...early to bed early to rise.

Practice asana, mudra and pranayama to maintain good circulation, healthy respiration and health of the main organs and systems.

Eat fresh, home prepared satvic foods in moderate amounts.

Avoid alcohol - Alcohol has the properties of light, hot, sharp subtle, soft, smooth, dry and fast acting.
This is the same general qualities as poison. Ojas has ten qualities opposite to these. So alcohol like any poison destroys ojas in the body in the same way that other poisons would. So alcohol consumption will diminish our ojas (immunity).
Drink herbal teas and warm fresh water instead.

Use some tonic herbs such as triphala, brahmi, tulsi, turmeric and ashwagandha.

The suggestions for establishing and confirming dharma during epidemic is as follows:

"Truthfulness, compassion for living beings, charity, sacrifice, prayer to the gods, adoption of preventive measures, tranquility, protection of the self by mantra, residence in auspicious localities, observance of brahmacharya, discussion of religious scriptures, great sages and those who have self-control, constant association with religious, satvic and learned persons. These are the therapies which if adopted during epidemics can easily save the lives of individuals; provided the death of a particular individual during the period is not predestined."
A Textbook of Swasthavritta
by Prof. Dr Subhash Ramade,
Dr Rajendra Deshpande,
Dr Rajkumar B. Bobade

A contagious disease that passes from person to person by contact or droplet infection is to be addressed by social distancing and isolation as recommended by the health authorities at this time. Cleanliness of body and living space is helpful.

You may like to watch this talk by Dr Vasant Lad addressing the current situation.
Talk by Dr Lad

Srivatsa Ramaswami posted this message to his students:

"While billions of us stay home not knowing what to do, thousands of health personnel and administrators all over the world are toiling hard to contain and reduce the enormous pain this pandemic has unleashed. They should be thanked wholeheartedly. In the vedic times the belief was that while generally the gods of nature are highly tolerant, they may be angered when the creatures they support , especially the human beings violate grossly and repeatedly the laws of nature and then we see natural disasters. A small group of vedic scholars resorted to pacifying these gods by peace chants especially ghosha shanti or loud community prayer for peace. This mantra, very beautiful and soothing, is part of the ten vedic peace chants. I have a video containing chanting of all the ten peace chants which include this chorus chant. May be you would like to listen to it and maybe the gods will listen to it and be pacified".

Ten Vedic Peace Chants

You may like to offer some support or help to nature and appreciate her by any possible method.

" It is nature that keeps us
beautiful and soulful. When
nature is destroyed, when artificial
things replace the natural beauty,
all the good qualities that we,
as human beings, have
will be ruined."

Sri Chinmoy
Peace be with you

Om Tat Sat

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This is a hot topic in my marketing agency atm.

Some client of ours did a Corona related email and lost hundreds of subscribers.

So a lot of discussion around what's the right thing to do re: mentioning/not mentioning the virus, making sure you don't look like you're profiting off it, etc.

TBF a lot of businesses must be terrified atm cos their business has disappeared for the foreseeable.

Woebot

ok! another cool one:

BY DALAI LAMA APRIL 14, 2020 5:23 PM EDT
The Dalai Lama is the spiritual leader of Tibet’s government-in-exile based in Dharamsala, India

https://time.com/5820613/dalai-lama-coronavirus-compassion/
Sometimes friends ask me to help with some problem in the world, using some “magical powers.” I always tell them that the Dalai Lama has no magical powers. If I did, I would not feel pain in my legs or a sore throat. We are all the same as human beings, and we experience the same fears, the same hopes, the same uncertainties.

From the Buddhist perspective, every sentient being is acquainted with suffering and the truths of sickness, old age and death. But as human beings, we have the capacity to use our minds to conquer anger and panic and greed. In recent years I have been stressing “emotional disarmament”: to try to see things realistically and clearly, without the confusion of fear or rage. If a problem has a solution, we must work to find it; if it does not, we need not waste time thinking about it.

We Buddhists believe that the entire world is interdependent. That is why I often speak about universal responsibility. The outbreak of this terrible coronavirus has shown that what happens to one person can soon affect every other being. But it also reminds us that a compassionate or constructive act—whether working in hospitals or just observing social distancing—has the potential to help many.

Ever since news emerged about the coronavirus in Wuhan, I have been praying for my brothers and sisters in China and everywhere else. Now we can see that nobody is immune to this virus. We are all worried about loved ones and the future, of both the global economy and our own individual homes. But prayer is not enough.

This crisis shows that we must all take responsibility where we can. We must combine the courage doctors and nurses are showing with empirical science to begin to turn this situation around and protect our future from more such threats.

In this time of great fear, it is important that we think of the long-term challenges—and possibilities—of the entire globe. Photographs of our world from space clearly show that there are no real boundaries on our blue planet. Therefore, all of us must take care of it and work to prevent climate change and other destructive forces. This pandemic serves as a warning that only by coming together with a coordinated, global response will we meet the unprecedented magnitude of the challenges we face.

We must also remember that nobody is free of suffering, and extend our hands to others who lack homes, resources or family to protect them. This crisis shows us that we are not separate from one another—even when we are living apart. Therefore, we all have a responsibility to exercise compassion and help.

As a Buddhist, I believe in the principle of impermanence. Eventually, this virus will pass, as I have seen wars and other terrible threats pass in my lifetime, and we will have the opportunity to rebuild our global community as we have done many times before. I sincerely hope that everyone can stay safe and stay calm. At this time of uncertainty, it is important that we do not lose hope and confidence in the constructive efforts so many are making.