version

You should stick that on your tombstone; Here lies sadmanbarty, The Lawrence of Arabia of ugly people.

sadmanbarty

good looking blokes tend to have ugly girlfriends i think. super good looking guys.

they're self esteem's so rock solid they can just go pick somebody they actually like. they have nothing to prove.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
leads to the inevitable question of famous people who are very attractive despite average or below average looks. problem is that not many famous people are allowed to be anywhere near average lookswise

version

I don't like paparazzi but I think their catching of public figures in their normal clothes getting a pint of milk is useful for ordinary people to see -- breaks the illusion somewhat, humanises them.

sadmanbarty

I don't like paparazzi but I think their catching of public figures in their normal clothes getting a pint of milk is useful for ordinary people to see -- breaks the illusion somewhat.

i think it's ok for beautiful people to be harassed and abused and have their privacy invaded. its reparations.

version

luka's point about there being limited character models irl like in a video game feels like it might be true.

IdleRich

IdleRich
There are definitely a few archetypes... you go to Spain, Canada, France or whatever and think you see your next door neighbour from Oxford. Sometimes he looks just the same, sometimes it's a comedy French version that makes you wonder if he secretly came with you and donned a beret and onions. But it happens.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Went to Florence last summer and I thought the Italian women were very beautiful. Mind you I think they're also my "type".

London has a lot of good looking people cos it has a lot of every type of person. I remember when I first moved here being amazed by it, and now I take it for granted.

Beauty is a sort of genetic honeytrap and I'm hopelessly besotted with and obsessed by it. Barty might have put his finger on it with that thing about very good looking men with high self esteem not needing very good looking girlfriends. My self esteem is fucked, and I subconsciously think that if I had a beautiful partner I'd be redeemed.

Barty is that picture really you? Like a young Johnny Depp. The womanising now makes total sense.