Most disappointing songs you've ever heard.

Simon did the one bit that ruins it thread? The bit in Tinashe 2 on when she does the just gimme the tree and we can smoke it gyal

sadmanbarty

Simon did the one bit that ruins it thread? The bit in Tinashe 2 on when she does the just gimme the tree and we can smoke it gyal

i did a thread called 'good songs with rubbish raps' and that was one of the first song posted on it

I think there’s lots of afterthought stapled on bits that happen. Like someone else has been consulted or decisions have been made from a position of insecurity making people add on these trendy or tasteful things that come from a different time or place, and you can pick them out after

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
the beach boys comes to mind when thinking about songs that have such beautiful parts in it but are then mixed together with parts that would rather be suitable for a separate song.

the first 25 seconds of this is so gorgeous, but then it just turns into something awful, or rather, something of such a different mood.

blissblogger

Used to hate the solo in "Reaper" and now I love it. in fact there is a radio-edit version of it that sometimes gets played on classic rock radio here and it just skips the solo and carries on with the Byrdsy chime riff - and it sounds WRONG. The solo is integral to the song.

Gimme the tree is one of the best bits in the Tinashe and Schoolboy Q's cameo is great. There is another version of the song with a different guest rap and it doesn't sound right at all.

This is a song that is very promising and then it goes limp at the chorus. No seriously, listen to the intro, they really wanted to be Level 42 and and they almost pull it off. And also listen to the instrumental breakdown at 2.18.

The group's biggest blunder was the stupid name. If they'd picked a different name and perhaps a different singer, they'd have been much less successful but possibly credible in some other Level 42-ish context.

I guess they were probably trying to be a dilute-Japan

sadmanbarty

not joking, that song is my go-to example of a song where the chorus is so good they get complacent and give up even trying to do a proper verse. i've said so on more than one occasion.

daddek

This is a song that is very promising and then it goes limp at the chorus. No seriously, listen to the intro, they really wanted to be Level 42 and and they almost pull it off. And also listen to the instrumental breakdown at 2.18.
I guess they were probably trying to be a dilute-Japan

not joking, that song is my go-to example of a song where the chorus is so good they get complacent and give up even trying to do a proper verse. i've said so on more than one occasion.

both claims feel true, as the verse and chorus belong to different songs. They feel from different time and places, different temperatures, mismatched contours. The songs contains individually promising stories, but there’s no interplay. You have to chose which one to go with. its quite fucked

Ive never noticed anything either side of the chorus before, but can see what bliss sees. it sets up an oceanic tears for fears piece, but then bails into something else.

martin

----
they've got great bits into them and then something completely awful in that fucks it up.

Everything recorded by This Heat. It's almost like they can sense I'm letting down my guard and actually enjoying what they're doing, so they have to suddenly fuck the song up to prove me wrong.