Stray thoughts under partial quarantine

not having to go out and socialize when you don't really feel into it, not having to negotiate a day when people can make it, not having to wait 20 minutes for the subway at midnight, not having to go out in shitty weather, not spending money on stupid things.

One of the best things has been FOMO vanishing. Can't miss out on anything if there's nowhere to go and nothing much to do. Contentment intensifies

catalog

Indeed. All the zoom meetings for work or pleasure and everyone's on the sofa and all you can do is ask them about their framed art or os maps

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I can't believe they're pressing ahead with this stupid, hateful, outrageously expensive HS2 rail project. Hasn't the experience of the last few weeks shown that the vast majority of business travel is totally unnecessary? We're two decades into the 21st century, FFS. Who the hell really needs to get between London and Birmingham on a daily basis?

luka

I felt the absolute bollocks last couple of days but today felt a bit lethargic. I think it was the weather. It was a bit close and gloomy and heavy. Or maybe I've been overdoing it.

woops

is not like other people
i don't even like going for a walk unless it's very quiet out. can't stand the people

luka

It's very quiet. Magic. Silver haze over everything. Best walk I've had in ages.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i don't even like going for a walk unless it's very quiet out. can't stand the people

Is it just me, or does "can't stand the people" mean something subtly but importantly different from "can't stand people"?

luka

I'm loving these evening walks. Really magical. I really hope the world never goes back to normal. It's much better like this.

luka

I think and hope this will start a movement for regular world holidays. Shut down all industry all flights all boring jobs close the roads. Every Lent or whatever. Give us a break, give the birds and bees a break.

Everyone is so happy now. Apart from the dead ones obviously. And the hospital staff etc.

woops

is not like other people
Is it just me, or does "can't stand the people" mean something subtly but importantly different from "can't stand people"?

i used to want to avoid people, now i have to avoid people. joke

yes you're right, i mean the local residents who are everywhere desperate to kill me with an outer space microbe