GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mms

sometimes
Cornflake said:
i dond think they did enough promos for shake a leg personally....the avenue reached 11 i think

shake a leg is aceness - i will buy it on vinyl.
it was on the telly the other day as tescos single of the week
tescos are rinsing hmv and virgins markets brutally at the moment - no competition

tom pr

Ruff sqwad's 'I just died in your arms tonight' that they played on sunday is surely one of the best grime productions ever. I think dirty and rapid did it together.

mpc

wasteman
i was just saying yesterday how dodgy that was.

was that the last track in the show?

i've heard some other new hip hop tracks by ruff sqwad and they're not too good.

tom pr

mpc said:
was that the last track in the show?
I think so. they played it early on, then faded into 'sidewinder', but they definitely played it again late on.

i've heard some other new hip hop tracks by ruff sqwad and they're not too good.
I'm the opposite- have been really loving the latest ruff sqwad stuff. sunday was the first set i've heard of theirs in like a month though, as i havent been in london.

gumdrops

tom pr said:
Ruff sqwad's 'I just died in your arms tonight' that they played on sunday is surely one of the best grime productions ever. I think dirty and rapid did it together.

does this sample what i think it does? please tell me it doesnt.

tom pr

gumdrops said:
does this sample what i think it does? please tell me it doesnt.
Of course it does, but the vocal sample is all warped and sped up over this flickering pulse and straining violins, and then you have the hand-claps and this rumbling bass building up underneath it... i've been playing it all day, can't get enough of it! Plus i quite like the idea of taking a sample from a really shit eighties tune and turning it into something gorgeous- the grime equivilant of scraphead challenge, or something.

S

simon silverdollar

gumdrops said:
ive been tricked like this before. i wont fall for these magical descriptions of grime tracks again.

ha! it's a conspiracy innit. don't trust anyone.

S

simon silverdollar

has anyone else heard that track 'lifestyle':
it goes, 'eeeerhhh, my life style, eeerhh-yes, my lifestyle...it's more than the music, it's more than a light smile' ?

anyway it's great. but is the mc Bossman (from essentials)? i know he's a dj, but it sounds really like him and also in the track he talks about working with davinche...

gumdrops

dunno, but on a diff note, i just got the dirtee stank mixtape (late i know but not everyone gets to go to nike events), and while i dont know what pitbull is doing on it, its not bad. nothing exclusive here - its got some dizzee tracks on it everyone should know (off to work sounds a lot better than it did at the time it came out) but its also got d double signal and some klass a stuff. klass a seem like better emcees than on the album xl promo'd last year, and the beat 37 minutes in is pretty great. its kinda like a 2003 beat. love it. im still waiting with anticipation to see how dirtee stank is going to unfold...

Tootsi

simon silverdollar said:
has anyone else heard that track 'lifestyle':
it goes, 'eeeerhhh, my life style, eeerhh-yes, my lifestyle...it's more than the music, it's more than a light smile' ?

anyway it's great. but is the mc Bossman (from essentials)? i know he's a dj, but it sounds really like him and also in the track he talks about working with davinche...

The person on that track your talkin about is called Snipekeedo

Blackdown

nexKeysound
gumdrops said:
dunno, but on a diff note, i just got the dirtee stank mixtape (late i know but not everyone gets to go to nike events), and while i dont know what pitbull is doing on it, its not bad. nothing exclusive here - its got some dizzee tracks on it everyone should know (off to work sounds a lot better than it did at the time it came out) but its also got d double signal and some klass a stuff. klass a seem like better emcees than on the album xl promo'd last year, and the beat 37 minutes in is pretty great. its kinda like a 2003 beat. love it. im still waiting with anticipation to see how dirtee stank is going to unfold...

that Nike mix CD is one of the best this year. all about the Chad Hugo (Neptunes) remix of Dizzee. i got this from the label - was it widely available ie on filesharing networks?