GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

gumdrops

It's like Will's work is haunted by the twin ghosts of Dizzee and his ex-girl. They never seem more than a verse or two away. There are so many references, even if they are not explicit.
i dont know if hes thinking the soap opera drama of it all will generate more publicity for him but the way it looks is like hes STILL trying to be the friend of someone who really wants nothing to do with him anymore. i dont want to hear any more verses about his ex girl either. 'shes my baby and i need her and i wish she was here with me', argh, please, no more lovey dovey simpleton lyrics mr cowie!

viktorvaughn

'I don't think I'm big but my face in the Guardian....

and Nan, thanks for the cardigan':)

We could go all day, his skills are mad. The stuff on LiarLiar is quality- the type of wordplay you might expect from a top flight HipHop MC (no cuss on Grime). His sense of flow is also fantastic, he is not afraid of coming like a poet, slowing it down and putting in little pauses here and there.

gumdrops

that aftershock album is remaining UNcopped lol.

not to be a hater but im not feeling the beats on trims myspace page. he deserves better. look forward to hearing the mix-Cd though.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Earlier today I was driving south down Kingsland Road, on my way to Bethnal Green. At the bottom of Kingsland Road I saw this chap on the walking along, just outside that Jaguar Shoes bar thingy. Never guess who it was...

Wiley!

Unfortunately I had my car radio nicked last week, so I couldn't quickly switch a CD to Tinchy on Ice RInk and look all knowing. Ah well, maybe next time.

Last edited:

petergunn

plywood violin
Earlier today I was driving south down Kingsland Road, on my way to Bethnal Green. At the bottom of Kingsland Road I saw this chap on the walking along, just outside that Jaguar Shoes bar thingy. Never guess who it was...

Wiley!

Unfortunately I had my car radio nicked last week, so I couldn't quickly switch a CD to Tinchy on Ice RInk and look all knowing. Ah well, maybe next time.

i think i would have pretended to be some mad youth from the RWD forum who he talked shit to last week... yunno, just for kicks...

benjybars

village elder.

Wiley!

i saw JME in Lewisham recently...

UFO over easy

online mahjong
rules and regulations is sick :)

the target tune with flowdan and killa p has been going round my head constantly since I first heard it.. "oi flowdan what's that weed man's number"..

hello - never posted on here before - but i've been reading/checking this thread for a while.

i only picked up a copy of the Roadside G's Gangsta Grime Lesson this week and i havent got it out of my cd player. For me they are on a par with SlewDem in terms of reelness, and i quite like the edge they give to more traditional hiphop beats. Its a shame that Cant come to da Roadside - one of their most recognised anthems is given such ill treatment - getting split in half and mixed horribly into the avergage tune Get dat Doe - (the animal? - now that would be a good video).

RA's a don on that tape - big things for this crew in 07 i reckon

oh yeah and sooo hyped for trim, hes been laying low for too long, nice to see him on blazing form again

benjybars

village elder.
Qustion for Logan..

Logan, how come you don't get booked for FWD>>?? surely as the only grime dj with a weekly national radio show it makes sense to get you down there?

also, are you gonna get Trim on your show, cos he is on FIRE??!

gumdrops

new skepta beat
http://www.mediafire.com/?czznybjdzbq
this is brilliant
exactly what ive wanted for ages in grime, very fast frenetic production
and not stupidly dark
very danceable
i predict if more DJs jump on this, this could be an anthem for summer/notting hill carnival
its just a shame all the MCs are shouting on it
makes them sound too self conscious of its anthemic qualities which is a shame IMO
but this is like calypso/soca meets grime, reminds me a bit of that dmz tune with the bongos that was like a house tune (bury the boy??)
should be fucking massive and give the scene what it needs i think to draw more people in from outside
could be a really good thing for grime i think, i seriously hope more beats come out like this (i just hope MCs ride it better lol)
well done skepta :)

lets not get it twisted

rules and regulations is a mix cd right lol?

thanks for the link but what so good about that Skepta beat? the vocals are awful but...I can hear what there tryna aim for...sounds like a soundclash at Sting or something...would definately tear off carnival...

oh I nearly forgot...Roadside G's! really lol!? oh lord lol