GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

gumdrops

i dont know if its leaked on the net, i couldnt find it on any P2P networks. i bought mine from a record shop in leicester. mine is actually a cd-r (must be a bootleg) with a label on it that's the dirtee stank logo. it comes in a transparent fold out plastic cd case. not sure if this is the one you have. IMO the best grime mix-cd of the year is the rwd one...

DonRuba

Stocktown man
I'm so frustrated, I've been listening to Skepta - "The End".

http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1XD5ONSO5M6C20Z8JIEZQDQA6R

It mixes a lot of riddims and I can't figure out which riddim it is that starts 20 seconds into the song when he's saying "Bare wasteman wanna dis my tune, Same wasteman wanna spit on my tune". I know I've heard it before somewhere, where it was a whole tune, not just a little clip as in this one. Anybody that knows what tune I could be thinking about?

S

simon silverdollar

duppy/booth as the best grime track of the year?
i reckon so.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
in a Prancehall stylee, post Uptown Girl and Died In Your Arms Tonight, who's up for nominating other truly god awful records for Ruff Sqwad to sample?

I nominate:

Enigma 'Sadness'
Survivor 'Eye of the Tiger'
anything by Skid Row
Black Lace 'Agadoo'
Rednex 'Cotton Eye Joe'
Doop 'Doop'
Metalica 'Nothing Else Matters'
Robbie Williams 'Angels'
Donald Where's Yr Trowsers
Jive Bunny Megamix
Hanson 'MMbop'

Last edited:

gumdrops

bryan adams - everything i do (i do it for you)
i reckon they could rule the scene for the next 18 weeks (at least) if they sampled that one.

boomnoise

♫
Rr2

Word from On Road Entertainment about Risky Roadz 2:

yeah its bein finished up now goin to press very soon and yeh rhythm uptown
and independance will have it first

DonRuba

Stocktown man
I'll try not making this a habit, pestering you with "name that tune" questions, but this one I've been wondering about for year now. Anybody knows what riddim this is?

http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ALF5OEBB7YIG20L9RRA5X1YXV

The clip I've put up consists of two parts. The first part is from a tune by Young Bloodz Crew where they use this riddim, the second part is from a radio clash, All In One vs. Trooper, where they are spitting on the same riddim.

jack

I love the advert for risky roads 2 saying 'available from all good record stores, or Risky's house if you know where that is'

echevarian

babylon sister
According to some on the RWD forum, Roll Deep were never signed to begin with.
They had a licensing deal for an album and a couple of singles, but no permanent contract.

I guess Wiley wants to keep some kind of publishing control over his music.

Last edited:

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
scarboi said:
According to some on the RWD forum, Roll Deep were never signed to begin with.
They had a licensing deal for an album and a couple of singles, but no permanent contract.

I guess Wiley wants to keep some kind of publishing control over his music.

That was certainly my understanding as well.

mms

sometimes
Badmarsh said:
Someone very important in UK music tells me Roll Deep have been dropped by their label.

why would that be a good move since they are doing rather well with both singles going top 20 and the album selling really well .
i think people have got this twisted. The only people i've met in the industry real are boring men who talk alot of rubbish most of the time and don't like music much

Last edited: