GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

S

simon silverdollar

petergunn said:
on wax?

where? rhythm division have it?

rhythm division certainly had it a couple of days ago, cuz that's where i got my copy from. (bear in mind you need to search for young.dot NOT young dot)
uptown also have it.

nine

variable spray
Badmarsh said:
vicious and dangerous wud make most grime mc's look stupid.
and no they aint grime, far from it.

el sid, clearly you're on crack

while I do like 'splurt', its clearly not doing anything lyrically or rhythmically that the top grime boys couldn't blitz. anyway, to date they have been predominantly hosts, while the best grime mc's moved onto a whole nother level ages ago

in fact i don't even know why you would make such a comparison unless it was part of some badmarsh/el sid/hotair crew advance marketing campaign. . didn't you follow the threads against grime spam on dissensus?

either that or its part of your ongoing 'i hate grime' campaign which has already been murked on dubplate.net

change the record badmarsh

nine said:
while I do like 'splurt', its clearly not doing anything lyrically or rhythmically that the top grime boys couldn't blitz. anyway, to date they have been predominantly hosts, while the best grime mc's moved onto a whole nother level ages ago

Much as I enjoy the SLT mc's interjections, must agree with Mr. Nine on this. Nothing particularly impressive about them. Watch out for lady mc Renee Silver. She got freestyle skillz that leave SLT eating her dust.

Badmarsh

nine said:
el sid, clearly you're on crack

in fact i don't even know why you would make such a comparison unless it was part of some badmarsh/el sid/hotair crew advance marketing campaign. . didn't you follow the threads against grime spam on dissensus?

either that or its part of your ongoing 'i hate grime' campaign which has already been murked on dubplate.net

change the record badmarsh

hello steve! how u doing? just my view. dont get personal now sir.....your so nice and polite when we meet, even if u did spill my spliff...now u murk me! and i really dont know how u think its advancing my label in anyway or myself...chill your beans.

first time ive read dissensus in a good few months actually...and no i havent followed the thread....

peace!

Last edited:

Badmarsh

LOL - For the record there is no beef (before people think there is.) This has been cleared via other methods of communication.

DMZ/LOEFAH + HOTFLUSH in Holland (The Hague) tomorrow night Thursday incase any of you are in the area.

Red Rooster

Thanks for this thread! Having spent 3 months in Bolivia (I know) I have missed out on much of the grime scene's recent movements.

I just copped the Young Dot E.P. and it is absolutely "shower".

Dubquixote

Submariner
Badmarsh said:
DMZ/LOEFAH + HOTFLUSH in Holland (The Hague) tomorrow night Thursday incase any of you are in the area.

Can't say I'll be in the area, but good luck with that Sid. Should be large.

Hey can somebody tell me what's going on w/ dubplate.net??? There's a gaping absence in my internet.

Whoa-B

Brüt Force Family
Jamrock versions

How many Jamrock versions are floating around atm?

Klashnekoff - Jamrock Freestyle (people paying way too much for it on ebay)
Rossi B & Luca - Run 4 Cover (prolly my favorite one)
SKT - Jam Rock Remix (only seen it on uptown)
Tony Tayo & 50 Cent - They Call It Murder (waste)
Damian Marley ft BIG - Welcome 2 Jamrock (DJ Rob Dinero & DJ Irie Remix) haven't heard it tho

more than that?

h-crimm

muggles

a bit scared of starting a new thread now-a-days

i'm in london at the mo but i'm gonna be in chicago in a couple of weeks just for a visit
so if anyone wants to put in orders for grime stuff from london and save on shipping i can carry afew records with me on the plane and post or give em out in chi-town

"particle physics conference supports fledgling dubplate scene"

Whoa-B

Brüt Force Family
h-crimm said:
i'm gonna be in chicago in a couple of weeks

warning: grime spam to follow

Hey if you'll still be in Chicago for October 3rd come out to Lava Lounge for the second installment of "Grime @ Lava". Last month's turnout was impressive. Me and Sushi should be on deck this time around reppin London sounds, Chicago style. Brüt Force what.

end: grime spam

h-crimm

my conference ends on the 30th but i might hang around a bit...

i was thinking of trying to do something with my boyfriend at texas ballroom. or somewhere in bridgeport...
then i just decided to straight bail to london.

chicago could lap it up tho i think.
what sort of people come?
i thought the 'clash of civilisations' at the dizzee show was cool, but it would be better if there was a sustainable counter illustration of the segregation in the city. especially if that was a grime night.

if you see what i mean :S

Whoa-B

Brüt Force Family
nah, I saw what you meant at the Dizzee show. I'd say some of those people are going to Lava, maybe for the first time if they see a flyer that says 'grime' on it. But last time it seemed like it was basically the drum & bass crowd, neighborhood crowd, and some electro hipsters (they also put 'electro' on the flyer... guh).

Oh ya, Sushi will probably be playing grime at Betty's Blue Star Lounge on Sunday Sept 25th if you don't have to be up on Monday morning.

DJL

i'm joking
Maths and English

Anyone got anymore info on the new Dizzee album? When it might be out etc?

gabriel

The Heatwave
Whoa-B said:
How many Jamrock versions are floating around atm?

Klashnekoff - Jamrock Freestyle (people paying way too much for it on ebay)
Rossi B & Luca - Run 4 Cover (prolly my favorite one)
SKT - Jam Rock Remix (only seen it on uptown)
Tony Tayo & 50 Cent - They Call It Murder (waste)
Damian Marley ft BIG - Welcome 2 Jamrock (DJ Rob Dinero & DJ Irie Remix) haven't heard it tho

more than that?

this doesn't really seem to fit in with the grime theme of this thread but anyway. more versions:

- zagu zar - welcome to england (10" - includes wicked jungle remix) A MUST HAVE
- i dl'd a rmx featuring some bars from jay-z from soulseek (an old jay-z acapella)
- lil' kim - push ya lighters up (different beat but she's jacked jr gong's style and pattern)
- ini kamoze & damian marley - world a jamrock (punchline 7")
- several cuts on 7" from sizzla, ini kamoze, one in spanish and possibly one by chaka demus as well. can't remember name of label
- greensleeves 'world jam' rhythm album : another 20 cuts! the best are by ward 21, beenie man and richie spice IMO (also available on 7" on the bad 2000 label). this re-lick of the riddim isn't nearly as heavy as the sly & robbie original though
- speaking of which, of course - ini kamoze 'world a music', the tune that started it all

the biggie remix is a bit disappointing - his lyrics don't make any sense alongside jr gong's either
i don't rate klashnekoff's as highly as everyone else seems to, but it's good still - come and hear him do it live this friday at heatwave, i'm sure i'll love it then ;)

joenice

Miriam Gonzalez lover....
Badmarsh said:
Wish i was "in the area".

have a good time fellas.

S

simon silverdollar

DJL said:
Anyone got anymore info on the new Dizzee album? When it might be out etc?

is maths and english going to be the title of the new dizzee album then? what a great title!

(mind you, he does have a habit of changing his mind about these things doesn't he?- boy in da corner was going to be called 'dizzee new heights', i think...)

h-crimm

nebbesh said:
so what's this thing at tate britain on saturday - is it during the day? and what's the tax? can't figure it out from the flyer. should be good tho.

yeaah its quite mysterious isnt it... sounds quite amazing tho, mainly for the magazine component (even tho hardcore is more than music has tended to be liberal-arts-swag in my opinion...)
is that a flyer that only goes out to special people who are invited to be part of the 1000? like chantelle oh -my-diddy and i guess a few other people on here?
or is it open to whoever wants to go? first come first served... if so when are we sposed to first come!
and how are they gonna stop people just going for the music when the point is making a magazine? hmmmm
the magazine has the flyer up publically on thier website but no other details so its not like fiddy just leaked it
or is it 1000 kids from on road who arent (like the editors of hcimtm) art school trained fake youth culture / m.i.a. ?

an enigma, which i have done less than nothing to clarify