GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

viktorvaughn

I didn't think Fuda Guy's mixtape was that great, tbh. He has some good bars, but he can't write a song for shit. I can't see how people are taking the piss out of Dot Rotten's singing when they've got Fuda standing there wide open practically begging for it.

There were a few good moments though: Merkery is crazy (note lack of chorus); I love how he comes to Roachee's defense against Clipper by using Roachee's bars, using them as a reminder of why he didn't dare clash him while he wasn't in prison. Cannon, though the beat is a bit uninspired, has some great bars on it too (and no chorus). I still can't get enough of the part during "Head Gone Intro" where he speaks about how he dealt crack to pay for his college degree, and when he was arrested the cops wouldn't believe him because he is taking medical microbiology. Yes, he says "medical microbiology" in the verse.

The only fully realized tune on the mixtape is 16 Writers. The rest is pretty forgettable. I have higher hopes for Slix's Down Vol. 2.

'I studied medical microbiology
So if you ever call me dumb you owe me apologies
Honestly...'

Love that bit.

He asks of Rascal why he didn't sign his E3 Ruff Sqwad mates when he got famous a few times which is interesting.

viktorvaughn

Came on here expecting comment on JMEs album.

I enjoyed it. Bare hate for it on grime forum, prob because we are witnessing someone go to the next level indepedently like they always promised lol.

JME promoting his album on Westwood was hilarious. Westwood really has the almost paternal thing going on with him, proper relaxed joking, chatting for ages, playful cussing, and incredibly funny.

well its an album not a mix cd

i cant believe that the song where he shouts BOY BETTER KNOWWWWWW, that one, you know - isnt on the album. What???? its one of his best songs out

big up the spyro remix of rhythm and gash tho- BIG!

after a cursory listen it sounds like most of the songs are quite slow - id prefer it if he had hyped it up a bit

does not sound that commercial though, which is good

Elijah

Butterz
you still blog about grime? ;)

(sorry, jus hyping... is it me or have tons of uk bloggers basically given up tho?)

im flying the flag right now blogging wise. Dont know whats going on with the rest. If more people who were really active in the scene did it would be more interesting. Say if Spyro had 1 for example be nuff jokes.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
JME's album is like, just... out. he can organise photoshoots with Timmy Mallet but he doesnt want to do even a month of PR?!!! I dont get it...

Elijah

Butterz
JME's album is like, just... out. he can organise photoshoots with Timmy Mallet but he doesnt want to do even a month of PR?!!! I dont get it...

he said sumfin like he was satisfied wit the pre order numbers and is gona promote it over a very long time, instead of it deading out in a week. Only time will tell if it works. Just look at his myspace comments lol

mos dan

fact music
you still blog about grime? ;)

(sorry, jus hyping... is it me or have tons of uk bloggers basically given up tho?)

lol.. zing! i have been somewhat distracted by blogging about the american election, euro 2008, and fried chicken, it's true. it's the route all grime bloggers go down eventually though, i call it the blogcore continuum.

meanwhile alex is so busy with having a real job and djing that he doesn't get the time to go into depth like days of old either.. but we're still hanging in there! i know this is very easy for me to say, but what i'd like to see from the new generation of grime bloggers (of whom there are lots) is more debate starting on the blogs, as well as album reviews and links to 'the new video from...' etc. big up elijah, hyper, jp and co. btw who saw this???

Review1307.jpg

jp calls philip french a waste man on the cover of observer review and gets away with it!

bun-u

Trumpet Police
lol.. zing! i have been somewhat distracted by blogging about the american election, euro 2008, and fried chicken, it's true. it's the route all grime bloggers go down eventually though, i call it the blogcore continuum.

meanwhile alex is so busy with having a real job and djing that he doesn't get the time to go into depth like days of old either.. but we're still hanging in there! i know this is very easy for me to say, but what i'd like to see from the new generation of grime bloggers (of whom there are lots) is more debate starting on the blogs, as well as album reviews and links to 'the new video from...' etc. big up elijah, hyper, jp and co. btw who saw this???

Review1307.jpg

jp calls philip french a waste man on the cover of observer review and gets away with it!

yes I saw that (and big up mr patterson for big moves in the game) but shame the actual piece didn't even deal with music blogs (let alone grime ones).

have ordered both jme's and rotten's mixtapes. I can see the appeal of under pr-ing these releases, axiom and the soulfoods didn't have to much of a fanfare and anything bearing quality will not be ignored for too long.

dissenus welcome to elijah... - all the best business moves in the game are made at a bus stop in clapton pond

mos dan

fact music
yes I saw that (and big up mr patterson for big moves in the game) but shame the actual piece didn't even deal with music blogs (let alone grime ones).

agreed - it was a good idea but the critique was kinda lacking! they could've done a lot more with it, it's a very interesting issue, the way blogs have redefined the critical landscape.. i wanted to understand how, say, food blogs had changed food writing. i scanned the jay rayner 'analysis' but he barely mentioned music iirc.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
He asks of Rascal why he didn't sign his E3 Ruff Sqwad mates when he got famous a few times which is interesting.

He actually references Dizzee far too many times on the mixtape. I swear it feels like every tune I hear his name. Fuda seems to feel really rejected and perhaps a bit resentful of Dizzee, but then other times he gladly talks about making money like him, using him as a bar for success. He does it much more frequently than anybody else.

Another thing I wasn't big on about Fuda's mixtape is the weird "no homo" repression. He's got that one tune that is basically about beating the shit out of his girlfriend who cheated on him ("Be My Baby"), but then when he discusses Roachee's imprisonment ("Freedom Is A Must") he is basically on a seperation-anxiety crooning session, saying shit like how he wishes Roachee would come back so he wouldn't feel so alone.

All in all, I'm pretty sure Fuda Guy is a heavy neurotic.

Dizzee's his cousin though I thought? Or is that Slix, can't remember.

Either way, I love the CD, it's intriguing. Content is all over the show but that' half the appeal. Can't Test is sick as well.

Interersting how no-one here has mentioned FMA seeing as it's allegedly 'classic'

Last edited:

Elijah

Butterz
Dizzee's his cousin though I thought? Or is that Slix, can't remember.

Either way, I love the CD, it's intriguing. Content is all over the show but that' half the appeal. Can't Test is sick as well.

Interersting how no-one here has mentioned FMA seeing as it's allegedly 'classic'

outside of grimeforum FMA aint making the same sort of noise