GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Simon78

that is nasty, nothing wrong with massive presets though. most of the grime guys are using presets on some synth or other - good way to just get an idea down quickly

Yeah it was more the rubbish tunes I was moaning about tbh. Loads of my favourite Grime tunes are preset sounds (Wiley, Waifer, Danny Weed etc)

Not that into Massive myself although my mate programmes it a lot and can make pretty much any sound he wants out of it now. It does have a lot of sub on it.

hopper

Yeah it was more the rubbish tunes I was moaning about tbh. Loads of my favourite Grime tunes are preset sounds (Wiley, Waifer, Danny Weed etc)

Not that into Massive myself although my mate programmes it a lot and can make pretty much any sound he wants out of it now. It does have a lot of sub on it.

It's a cool synth I think but its so ubiquitous that it makes your productions sound quite un unique if your using it

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Those Wiley freestyles are super, he gets bonus points for comparing his fam to the Moomins. That Riko and Terror Danjah tune is big too

Benny Bunter

Any tracks like this you can recommend so I can check them out?

Going through my stuff I actually think you found one of the best examples with that murder mark track there tbh!.

A lot of the similarities I see between club and grime are generally quite superficial (ie common to lots of underground street music around the world). Ie: lots of harsh synth stabs/warped basslines/gunshot samples/bombastic midi-horns/minimal rough production/diss tracks and so forth. Obviously a lot of this is coming from the US Trap influence more than anything (the other side of the sound is all the countless remixes and bootlegs of Rnb and pop hits). Also, alot of the newer wave of producers are moving away from the breakbeats that bmore was based on and are using more synths, so its starting to sound closer to grime in that way. DJ Sliink is a good example of this and he's starting to get a bit of attention recently. Dubstep is currently having quite a big influence in the US too now obviously, some of those basslines are creeping in to some tracks

i started a thread here where you can find a (long!) list of names to check out on soundcloud (beware quality varies but literally dozens of new tracks get posted every day, usually for free download).
http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?12330-New-Jersey-Club/page2&highlight=jersey+club

Might as well plug my mixes here too, i did three of em. They are of a wide range of club styles from New Jersey, Baltimore and Philly.
http://soundcloud.com/benny-brassic

probably not the best examples but off-hand here are a few more grimey-ish sounding tracks to check out

(tbh this sounds more dubstep influenced)

oh and Murder Mark's website/blog is a good place to look for stuff
http://www.baltimore-club.com/

Last edited:

spookybizzle

Just celebrated 10 years since I did my 1st ever radio show back in May 2002 so my latest show had me playing all the tunes I had in my bag back then!

Click here for my 10th Anniversary show with tracklist & download.

Aside from that, catch me at these raves over the next fortnight:

Mixclique Records Launch Party @ Tates, Ipswich this Thurs 31st May
XOYO vs Pack London @ XOYO, London w/Tempa T, JME & Rude Kid this Friday 1st June
Disorder @ Roxy, Prague w/Chronik, Merky Ace & DJ Magic this Sat 2nd June
And What @ Proud Camden, London w/Swindle & Royal-T next Wed 6th June

Anyone that wants to jump on my £7 concs list for XOYO this Friday shout me on Facebook or Twitter.

Until next time...