GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
It is the Frontline with Dee, Monkey & Footise featuring, not the one released on vinyl with just Dee. I'll give it a spin on the show tonight.

Secondly, did anyone make it down to Cargo's? It turned out to be a fun little evening.

3underscore

gumdrops said:
i just read the interview on RWD between titch/keish sugababe and was quite surprised to find out titch's manager is also lady sov's. its good to know he's working all his artists on the same level.

Not sure why this is so surprising - Crazy Titch was on the whole of the tour whit Lady Sov supported D12 a year or so ago.

run_time

Roll Deep @ Cargo

similarly good time although Roll Deep were a bit more shambolic than expected. seemed to be lots of goings on with sound engineer with Wiley looking somewhat annoyed at times. enjoyed Logan's sets and left me wondering why these styles arent heard out more

crowd seemed to kind of thin a bit after Mitchell Brothers which seemed rather bizarre given the billing

Tyro

The Kandy Tangerine Man
run_time said:
similarly good time although Roll Deep were a bit more shambolic than expected. seemed to be lots of goings on with sound engineer with Wiley looking somewhat annoyed at times. enjoyed Logan's sets and left me wondering why these styles arent heard out more

crowd seemed to kind of thin a bit after Mitchell Brothers which seemed rather bizarre given the billing

Every MC badgering the soundman to turn HIS mic up would'nt have helped the overall sound balance.It was a good night though,Wiley turned up and Alex Mills supplied live vocals for the 'In At The Deep End' tunes.

run_time

>
Blackdown said:
any why do you think that is eh?

i would imagine fear of the 'hoodie wearing proles' among venues and promoters at least as far as Shoreditch and the like goes (which is largely where the middle classes go to slum it a bit imho)...

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
To be fair mic 3 was in bits. Breeze and Brazen both got killed by being almost silent during their performances.

AshRa

Anybody checked these two out yet...?

"Crazy Times Vol 1" - In Da Hood Ent [CD & DVD]
Crazy Titch takes you through his life in the scene in 2004. Follow him through raves, on holiday, to the barbers. Nothing's been left out as the camera followed him to places other DVDs cannot go!! Comes with Mix CD.
Price: £9.99

"The Mixtape Vol 1" - Tubby T [CD]
fresh new mixtape CD...
Price: £7.99

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
AshRa said:
The Mixtape Vol 1" - Tubby T [CD]

What's the deal with T? The only thing I know about is that track on Logan's Sidewinder promo mix and I find the tracklisting hard to follow. Something about "can't get him when he's with his crew".

gumdrops

where is the love for bare right hooks?! i might be late with this but the beat for jammer and footsie's bare right hooks is seriously, seriously brilliant. if the beats on generally speaking are going to be like this, it should be great.

Badmarsh

whats skepta's issue with flirta d? (I can't believe im drawing for the grime gossip) lol...gettin slowly sucked in...

nine

variable spray
van damage said skepta looks like the monkey from pg tips
skepta takes that as racist coming from a white mc, and wants to draw for the pumpy
skeptas flirta d impersonation is very good

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
I know Footsie is producing a lot of Dizzees new album (which is great), can anyone tell me that Ruff Sqwad is producing at least one song? It seems such a winning combination and I think they're close.....

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Wiley: Purple

Just heard this Wiley track called Purple which I think is new. It sounded fantastic -- 1xtra played it three times or something, does anyone know anything about it? (I suppose you all heard it ages ago ;) ). Had some great lyrics about terrorism.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Track is MC Purple - Blowin Up. Must have been mislabelled.

It is from the Eye Of The Tiger Vol 1 mixtape.

Wiley produced the beat.

Check my blog cos I always make sure the tracklistings of what I play are as accurate as humanly possible.

Fiddy

Stanza hit me up with some stuff from that mixtape and it's sounding like one of best album/mixtapes we've had for a long time. Go Scandalous, go, go, go!