GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

carmen

 
carmen said:
No Bass needs to come out on CD

bigup all the ppl putting out CDs tho. its nice to be buying them again...so oldsckool

did all the ice rink's come out on a CD? im to young to remember those days..

D

droid

Logan Sama said:
Not a scoob. I believe the logistics are still being arranged.

On another note, Creeper Vol 2 is now up on my myspace. Grindie to follow when this FTP server wants to co-operate!

Big up. Thanks for those.

gumdrops

that murkle man remix isnt bad, the rejigged beat's a bit jerky but DEE comes off with the best verse. and he stays on beat too, which is encouraging. has anyone got an mp3 of newham gens on the plastician's radio one show?

ive not heard it all but from what was on logans show i think i like the statik production on those indie remixes more than both the indie originals and more than most grime vocal tracks out right now. statik could be the grime dangermouse (ie go on to make some amazing stuff in the mainstream). what he did on that bloc party mix was brilliant. i find this stuff more interesting than most other grime mixtapes (still got to get that tinchy one though so who knows). big up statik by the way for being so honest on the interview (he even admitted 50 copied ja rule!) with logan. all that stuff about 'street music for street people' is all well and good but as they said, 'street people' dont want to hear pathetic, tired, second hand street cliches all the time either.

Last edited:
hear hear...

as I said earlier at least he's trying something different...terrible name though for a genre...grime is demeaning enough...I didn't realise how much Flirta murks that 'Positive Tension' track...I hated that at first....Statik is mos def on his way to major industry p's.....

everytime I hear Dizzee spit now my head hurts man...BRING BACK THE OLD MAD DIZ not this pseudo hip hop flow one....

gumdrops said:
that murkle man remix isnt bad, the rejigged beat's a bit jerky but DEE comes off with the best verse. and he stays on beat too, which is encouraging. has anyone got an mp3 of newham gens on the plastician's radio one show?

ive not heard it all but from what was on logans show i think i like the statik production on those indie remixes more than both the indie originals and more than most grime vocal tracks out right now. statik could be the grime dangermouse (ie go on to make some amazing stuff in the mainstream). what he did on that bloc party mix was brilliant. i find this stuff more interesting than most other grime mixtapes (still got to get that tinchy one though so who knows). big up statik by the way for being so honest on the interview (he even admitted 50 copied ja rule!) with logan. all that stuff about 'street music for street people' is all well and good but as they said, 'street people' dont want to hear pathetic, tired, second hand street cliches all the time either.

gumdrops

going from that interview, id say statik has much more potential for a career than say, someone like wiley, just cos not only is his production pretty fantastic (and consistently so), hes smart, and rather than stick to this pathetic 'keep it real/gully' attitude that grime has absorbed from hip hop, he actually has a plan, some ambition and some real creative vision to make it work. id take grindie over lame-duck tunes like gangsterz any day. do i need to hear yet another badly rapped sub-dipset ode to shady types? not really. speaking of newish vocals, i heard that new newham gens tune on the plasticians show today and thats not too impressive either. its pseudo-hip hop as well, which doesnt really do anything for me.

WOW...what a reply...

and funnily enough I agree with nearly all points except that Statik's production is consistent....a lot of his tunes use the same noises, fxs and beats..he even revealed that on Risky Roadz 2....

gumdrops said:
going from that interview, id say statik has much more potential for a career than say, someone like wiley, just cos not only is his production pretty fantastic (and consistently so), hes smart, and rather than stick to this pathetic 'keep it real/gully' attitude that grime has absorbed from hip hop, he actually has a plan, some ambition and some real creative vision to make it work. id take grindie over lame-duck tunes like gangsterz any day. do i need to hear yet another badly rapped sub-dipset ode to shady types? not really. speaking of newish vocals, i heard that new newham gens tune on the plasticians show today and thats not too impressive either. its pseudo-hip hop as well, which doesnt really do anything for me.

D

droid

viktorvaughn said:
When i d/l and try and unpack these it says there is an error and it cant continue. Anyone else get that? Or know an alternative source for d/l?
Ta.

Worked fine for me. Are you MAC or PC?

Try DLng them again - often fixes it.

outraygeous

grindie sucks. the whole thing is a joke. you got the grime scene getting no 'money where your mouth is' intrest from majors and ever indie band is getting signed.

its such a piss take, all the work that goes on in grime. for example what ruff squad have been doing.

statik will get his money, even thou i dont rate his work.

gumdrops

how is it a joke? statiks bloc party remix was a 100 times better than anything that band have done under their own name. yeah, maybe ruff sqwad should have got a deal but thats the way the UK industry is. its always been indie-centric, even more so now. anything that might disturb the indie hegemony or the new easy listening popularity isnt going to get much backing. ruff sqwad should just go to warp, or XL or some indie label willing to take a chance. big dada, even. why not tempa? im surprised they dont do anything grime related. ruff sqwad could make a great 10-12 track album with some supervision (i.e no uptown girl).

Last edited:

big satan

HA-DO-KEN!
if grime is going to crossover with rock then they should try doing something with a band lightning bolt whose own music at least has a kind of grimeyness to it

big satan

HA-DO-KEN!
but then on the other hand maybe statik is trying to find the right combination to recreate the huge success of Run DMC & Aerosmith doing Walk This Way

gumdrops

well if they actually released the bloc party remix, it might have more chance of doing that. prob too late for that one now though, hopefully statik will do another remix that will catapult grime into the affections of indie fans. but it cant be one of these remixes with a token guest verse from an MC on it, cos that approach is pretty boring now. it would have to be properly integrated like run dmc and aerosmith. not sure if i can see any indie bands being up for that though. the thing about grindie is that its not that diff from indie bands in the early 90s getting remixed by dance producers/artists back then, this stuff has always been going on (as it should)...

gumdrops

from the fader blog, heres the prodigys maxim reality on grime:

What’s your take on grime and this new wave of rap artists?
Obviously there’s an energy there, but its not the energy I relate to. I’m not from that scene so I can’t really relate to that. The Prodigy is a more confrontational energy, more direct, in your face. Bam! Here it is, you can’t refuse it, its just loud, in your face, its brash. And that’s our energy. The whole grime thing is a totally different energy, but you know I respect it, it’s a long time overdue for young British kids to have a scene of their own, because too many years they’ve been looking to America for hip hop. And American hip hop relates to people in America.

outraygeous

gumdrops said:
how is it a joke? statiks bloc party remix was a 100 times better than anything that band have done under their own name. yeah, maybe ruff sqwad should have got a deal but thats the way the UK industry is. its always been indie-centric, even more so now. anything that might disturb the indie hegemony or the new easy listening popularity isnt going to get much backing. ruff sqwad should just go to warp, or XL or some indie label willing to take a chance. big dada, even. why not tempa? im surprised they dont do anything grime related. ruff sqwad could make a great 10-12 track album with some supervision (i.e no uptown girl).

if your talkin about the positive tension remix then if that is good. then this grindie thing betta get as far away from me a possible. personally i think its an overly weak beat only saved by the fact that dirty flirts is on the track

and the feature of flirts doesnt even do anything.

grime can stand on its own two with out trying to attach itself to this wack indie explosion.

what the hell?

where the hell is Lioness' show? the Aftershock show? where's Slimzee? a mighty big up to 4NFormat though with all the double DJ's slots on there they could get a better slot....also why where Slew Dem covering for Ruff Sqwad yesterday? I thought they were banned from Rinse.....

simon silverdollar said:
new Rinse schedule now out:

http://www.rwdmag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=87989

most notable changes are that skream now has a regular slot, and jammer doesn't any more.