GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

have you got the link still?
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ynnygq

Bazooka 2008 remix is sick, if only for nostalgic purposes. The rest I don't care about too much bar one or two.

Would anyone happen to have any old Virus Syndicate sets WITH the MC's?
I have an old one somewhere of Mark One and Nika D live in Paris that I grabbed from Dubway's blog before there was a dubstepforum. I remember liking it a lot at the time, I'll look and see if I can find it.
EDIT- found it! here it is -> http://www.sendspace.com/file/q60jql

Last edited:

gumdrops

CHIPMUNK YA ALBUM IS GOOD SEE YA IN 2010 WHEN I JOIN THE RASCLAAT PARTY OI SKEPTA LETS GO ITS MAINSTREAM TIME

lol hasnt he already done mainstream time?

speaking of wiley, i dunno why on that set with JJ he said that he thought he didnt used to be any good as an mc. i fucking love his verses on old PAUG sets/songs and early roll deep. i dunno what he was talking about. it was only on record SOLO (ie the first XL album) that he didnt used to be much good.

Last edited:

Simon78

There were two sick sets on radio last night.

Logan Sama Ft. Terminator, Scorcher, Jonson, Revolver & Dollar Da Dustman on Kiss. Loads of beats I have never heard before on this one, quality selection from Logan. If I was spending a grand down the West End I would be eating somewhere better than Subway though :D

Dj Scope - Big H, 9 Milli Major & Kwam on Rinse. Again, another quality set.

I can't go on Grime Forum at work to get the links but they will be on the first page somewhere.

edit:
Logan Sama with Terminator, Scorcher, Jonson, Revolver & Dollar Da Dustman:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jngujukbmw2

Dj Scope - Big H, 9 Milli Major & Kwam [19th Oct 2009, Rinse FM]
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xutnnznwmmm

Last edited:

Simon78

I'm gutted Reloads has been locked off, the line up was so good :(

I have been to most of the Grime nights at the Rhythm Factory and I have never seen any trouble there. It was always a good atmosphere.

Simon78

Back on Rinse 1 tonight new and old styles

Will lock in.

Its seems that the night is off because Ghetto is on the bill which is pretty dumb as he had his launch night there and there was no trouble. Turns out everyone had a good night out and then went home.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

benjybars

village elder.
so has Reloads definitely been locked off??

anyone see Logan on BBC news the other night talking about the grime raves being banned in London?

Brazen was on too.

Simon78

so has Reloads definitely been locked off??

anyone see Logan on BBC news the other night talking about the grime raves being banned in London?

Brazen was on too.

Yeah, its on the Rhythm Factory website and it was on Grime Forum. I wanted to see Flirta D live again, he always kills it at Chockablock.

Fri 23rd
October

RELOADS - Grime & Dubstep

THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED

Its a joke. There is never any trouble at Dirty Canvas, Chockablock or FWD.

mos dan

fact music
Yeah, its on the Rhythm Factory website and it was on Grime Forum. I wanted to see Flirta D live again, he always kills it at Chockablock.

Fri 23rd
October

RELOADS - Grime & Dubstep

THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED

Its a joke. There is never any trouble at Dirty Canvas, Chockablock or FWD.

this seems an appropriate point to post this - the transcript of my interview with alex from the rhythm factory in 07 (for the woofah 'grime vs the met' piece):
“The police have this policy now, since the new licensing laws came in, that their way of monitoring events… if we’ve had something that’s been going on for years, they don’t pay much attention. But if it’s a new promotion, or a promotion that might be deemed to be a bit ‘dodgy’ or ‘dangerous’ then we have to fill out a risk assessment form, which involves the full line-up, with all the full names, addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth for all of the artists and promoters – which is of course impossible. And Dave knows as well as we do that we can’t go up to every artist’s manager and ask for their name, date of birth, a copy of your passport, etc.”

“So instead The Police recommended that we take the promoter’s passport, and lock it in our safe, so the promoter can’t skip the country if something does happen.”

“I don’t think it was Trident. It’s the Police section that deal with licensing… it’s the same with every venue now. But it’s so difficult… on an average night if you’ve got eight DJs, coming from all over the place, all with different management – and that’s just a DJ night.”

“The last grime night we had on was Jammer, and The Police phoned us up and said ‘you know what kind of crowd this attracts? You have to prove to us that you’re putting extra security on, you have to search people on their way in.’ We’re happy to search people on the way in, and the promoters don’t mind, and the crowd seem quite happy with it too. The crowd that come along are not only black, not only white, they’re generally in their mid-20s, they want to have a good time, and they’ve got money to spend. They’re a nice bunch.”

“They said to us ‘you know what kind of crowd this is going to be?’ And we said ‘yeah, it’s going to be a really nice crowd’.” (laughs)

“We’ve had some r’n’b and funky house nights where The Police have got in touch over something they’ve seen on the line-up, and saved our skin basically. But it’s never happened with grime artists, they just moan about the crowd a bit.”