GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

continuum

smugpolice
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

continuum

smugpolice
Swifta Beater - Don't Know

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

continuum

smugpolice

Nah you know what leave the bassline out of this grime thread. I know you love bassline and that's fine mate, I'm not trying to hate on it, but you can't just say "up north grime" then fill the thread with bassline videos. There is up north grime, I play it. Producers like grimbo, scp, a couple of scouse producers. But there isn't a scene and an infrastructure in place to produce what was grime up north, and this isn't grime music, it's rinsed basslines and 4x4 kicks. Nah.

Not trying to be message board police but come on.

This is grime, not TS7.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Who's the first MC in that Nasty vid?

And if Geeneus is thinking of giving us any more freebies he could do worse than offering 'Old Skool Chapter 2'. Something that big should have been released really as I'm sure it would have sold okay.

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice
Dot Rotten is underrated still

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

benw

Who's the first MC in that Nasty vid?

And if Geeneus is thinking of giving us any more freebies he could do worse than offering 'Old Skool Chapter 2'. Something that big should have been released really as I'm sure it would have sold okay.

umm that was released??? ive got it on vinyl anyway. think it might be a sketchy dubplate - says dubplate.net and no artist or track names on the label but its definitely old skool what and old skool chapter 2.

Ah right, that last time I checked, and I'd assumed it was produced years before that so was just a 'lost dubplate'.

Ta Luka, I struggle to tell some of the emcees apart in the big crews anyway, but I've never been able to put a voice to the name Armour. I dont think I've heard him on the few old sets I've listened to, didnt realise NASTY had a guy with a yardie flow

mos dan

fact music
big vocal tracks this year: any nominations?

i worry that although the instrumentals production levels are higher than they have been in ages (see: any butterz set), it's the grime mc that is really fading, and fast - falling between the two stools of commercial cross-overs and not being bothered with mixtapes anymore. it's probably just a mood i'm in from listening to loads of old wiley and d double, but was 'next hype' the last hurrah for the grime mc? difficult to overstate how much that tune dominated 2009, but.. was that it?

i'm impatiently waiting for lil nasty or dot rotten or p money or griminal to prove me wrong.