GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

boomnoise

♫
you're right he did. i was a little underwhelmed by that performance but it was interesting to hear. i reckon we're going to hear a lot more of the rascal in coming weeks

on the mixtape tip - jme's new one is excellent - a quality production, really well mastered - not mixed - his bars boom out at you - really good - plus wiley's eski boy is tagged on to it making it well worth the 7 squid

also the industry standard mixtape looks like its worth picking up

any one know anything about roll deep's grimey volume 1 -what's going to be on it?

benjybars

village elder.
logan, any chance you could upload dizzee on your show? ;)

agreed on the JME mixtape..very large. I seriously do not see why him and Skepta wouldn't sell in a big way?!??

i thought dizzee smacked it..his voice is just much better than most mc's..

petergunn

plywood violin
boomnoise said:
wiley's eski boy is tagged on to it making it well worth the 7 squid

wiley better press "gangsters" quick, track is sick... it's amazing how slow the bpm is... and i thought that Ruff Squad had a big hip hop influence, this one will mix really easy...

C

captain easychord

petergunn said:
wiley better press "gangsters" quick, track is sick... it's amazing how slow the bpm is... and i thought that Ruff Squad had a big hip hop influence, this one will mix really easy...

logan said it's getting pressed up this weekend.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Gangsterz has gone off to master. I know this because I sent it myself along with the Ripperman 4 track EP.

Don't know when it will be back, as the record pressing business isn't an exact science.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Logan, any idea if "NARSTIE & SOLO / BRUSH MAN / ADAMANTIUM MUSIC" has ever reached vinyl? When Narstie starts doing Donkey impressions it's too funny!

3underscore

Logan Sama said:
Don't know when it will be back, as the record pressing business isn't an exact science.

**Images of a man etching grime 12s with a stanley knife, tongue poking out of side of mouth**

hey Sama

Logan Sama said:
Gangsterz has gone off to master. I know this because I sent it myself along with the Ripperman 4 track EP.

where do you master at? plus is it coming out on your label or something? also where is this 'industry standard' mixtape at and does it have something to do with Aftershock and if so who do I give my money to lol?

micmack

My Little Pony
Logan you played a 4/4 track towards the beginning of you set at 333 on 20/01/06.
Vocal track with a beat that reminded me of early pounding Jeff Mills. I'd love to know what it's called and by who?
Cheers

Alex bk-bk

lower end spasm
really been enjoying wiley's comeback to radio. the darkside session was great, and i thought the kode9 thing was great for a bit of variety as well. They seemed like they were gettin on well. Give wiley some time, he'll catch on to how to MC over dubstep in a more respectful way i;m sure. Just look how well skepta is doing at it nowadays

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
This is crazy.

"'We're really pushing the orchestra to imitate the electronic sounds used in grime.'"

So then, what would make the basslines?

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
- Brushman will come out on vinyl after the Ripperman instrumental EP

- I master at Music House

- Industry Standard is an Aftershock Mix CD and is out in all major independant grime stockists

- I don't recall playing a 4/4 vocal tune. Maybe you mean the No Bass riddim? I am not sure.

I don't think you answered my q re: wiley

Logan Sama said:
- Brushman will come out on vinyl after the Ripperman instrumental EP

- I master at Music House

- Industry Standard is an Aftershock Mix CD and is out in all major independant grime stockists

- I don't recall playing a 4/4 vocal tune. Maybe you mean the No Bass riddim? I am not sure.

but its cool...I need to check that Aftershock CD out...lso as one of the top boy DJ's now I wanna know - are you happy with the term 'grime' as in the music being internationally known as 'grime music'?

if im correct Music House don't master to CD do they or do they?

I was jus thinking does anyone know the etymology (bad spelling) of 'wasteman'? As far as I can remember its stems from saying to someone basically "your so crap your gonna end up as a dustbin man" - any other viewpoints on it?