GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Simon78

“They said to us ‘you know what kind of crowd this is going to be?’ And we said ‘yeah, it’s going to be a really nice crowd’.” (laughs)

Sorry to keep moaning about this but it has really pissed me off. I know I can still buy all of the CD's and records but I think Grime is at its best when its live, either in a club or on the radio.

Its only a really small scene, I see the same people at every single Grime night. The last thing I went to was the Frisco video launch at The Old Blue Last and there was a great atmosphere inside the pub. The worst things that happened that night were someone sparking up a zoot inside and I think someone might have spilt a drink.

Maybe its just because its a new promotion?

Elijah

Butterz
Sorry to keep moaning about this but it has really pissed me off. I know I can still buy all of the CD's and records but I think Grime is at its best when its live, either in a club or on the radio.

Its only a really small scene, I see the same people at every single Grime night. The last thing I went to was the Frisco video launch at The Old Blue Last and there was a great atmosphere inside the pub. The worst things that happened that night were someone sparking up a zoot inside and I think someone might have spilt a drink.

Maybe its just because its a new promotion?

the promoter has promoted many an event, here and overseas.

continuum

smugpolice
did anyone watch dizzee rascal on electric proms on bbc2 last night?
i thought it was great especially the performances of brand new day and jezebel from BITC.

if you can access bbc iplayer watch it here

Elijah

Butterz
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="480" height="386" id="utv846907" name="utv_n_672071"><param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=false" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/video/2402800" /><embed flashvars="autoplay=false" width="480" height="386" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" id="utv846907" name="utv_n_672071" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/video/2402800" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></object>

Butterz tv... episode one.. enjoy

continuum

smugpolice
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="480" height="386" id="utv846907" name="utv_n_672071"><param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=false" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/video/2402800" /><embed flashvars="autoplay=false" width="480" height="386" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" id="utv846907" name="utv_n_672071" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/video/2402800" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></object>

Butterz tv... episode one.. enjoy

that's quality elijah - ustream is big

benjybars

village elder.
i'm ill and bored so spent the last 2 hours listening to grime instrumentals on youtube.

did this ever come out?? it's fucking heavy! sounds like something Untold would release on Hessle if he was making grime in 2004.

big.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

continuum

smugpolice
did anyone watch dizzee rascal on electric proms on bbc2 last night?
i thought it was great especially the performances of brand new day and jezebel from BITC.

if you can access bbc iplayer watch it here

someone's just uploaded the performance of brand new day to youtube - hopefully someone will do the same with jezebel
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Client Eastwood

that just bought tears to my eyes

good eh ?

Brinsley on the bang diddley scats : )

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

edit : hold tight the guy in the tux at front opf stage doing a gunfinger - lol.

Last edited:

benjybars

village elder.
i'm really surprised people are enjoying those dizzee proms videos.

they're so... shit.

(and that tux guy is not popping off gunfingers)

so there.
:p

gumdrops

just one look at that guitarist should tell you its shit lol.

i thought he/the band sounded better on jools, though maybe that was just cos it was shorter.

brand new day and jezebel sounded cool being played with an orchestra though. so weird too. never thought back when BIDC came out that youd see that.

gumdrops

q - whats this ghetts tune about kicking girls to the curb (or similar)? scratcha played it this morning. its not new i know but i dont know the name. i like this new approach of voicing already big instrumentals.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
q - whats this ghetts tune about kicking girls to the curb (or similar)? scratcha played it this morning. its not new i know but i dont know the name. i like this new approach of voicing already big instrumentals.

Is it 'Menace'?

I'm just fucking about/ but I'll buss in her mouth/ and when I go soft/ I'll send her back to the corner/ right by the postbox/ I'm a nasty piece of work

Simon78

lol yeah man, I was about to say...

The only shit I don't really feel on that CD is his Dipset-begging type shit like "Coca Cola", and the ridiculous way he says "man" like a yank on the intro track. If he left that shit out and added two more sick grime tunes, it would've just been that much better. I blame Pablo for that shit though.

90% sick which is much higher than your average grime CD.

Finally got around to getting this and I really like it. Some sick tunes on there.

Got a bit bored of the one line flow towards the end, it could have done with a bit of variety on it. Also that style of delivery sounds really weak on the Hip-Hop tracks compared to some of the Road Rap MC's about at the minute.

Compared to most Grime cd's this has got a lot less filler on it mind.