What kind of tree is this leaf from?

mms

sometimes
my younga bruva is a tree surgeon. He gets to go all across the country saving trees like some kinda nature superman and get's paid lottery money. It is however the 3rd most dangerous occupation apparently, he's healthy as a man can be, but he's been doing it for a couple of months and already almost sliced off a leg with a chainsaw...

Backjob

Looks to me like it could be from a Lime Tree. You can tell those because they're slightly sticky.

Woebot

Backjob said:
Looks to me like it could be from a Lime Tree. You can tell those because they're slightly sticky.

nah. its not a lime tree :( theyre horrors lime trees. bun dem.

mms

sometimes
still reckon it's a beech tree, but a type,
incidentally, there are 5 pounds off the encylopedia of british trees in foyles at the moment, i was very tempted.

Woebot

Rambler said:
It's not a hazel tree is it?
yeah it could be tim. i suppose i'm waiting for someone to tell with (with enough conviction!) that it bloody well is such and such a tree. only then will i stfu ;)

there are often pigeons in it, eating the red berries it grows in the summer. come may i shall post a scan of the berries.

shaun L

Might be a hornbeam.... like a jagged edged beech... s'not a hazel--- they have bigger flappier leaves.... just read the red berries bit.... probably some kinda cherry, definitely not a hornbeam/beech/lime/hazel--- these don't have red berries --- meagre chance of it being an exotic rowan/service tree (a sorbus, Linneanly speaking). Ah yes the delights of urban botany!?!

Last edited:

sus

Also curious about this tree

1642197667163.png

Is there a word we could use to describe trees like these trees