Stuff You Ate

IdleRich

IdleRich
Had ox tongue yesterday, a bit slimy. I generally like offal though and have eaten ox heart, liver, kidney etc as well as udder in Mexico. Also ate grasshopper in Mexico, pretty tasty actually though I guess that was more to do with the flavourings.
I had chicken feet recently that were actually very like spare ribs, I thought that they would be hard and chewy and you would eat the whole thing but it was actually very tender flesh on the bones. The only problem was the tendency of the feet to come apart and for you to swallow a few toes as well as the meat.
Once an ex-girlfriend sent me some rice crackers or something from Japan and there was one of those sachets of preservative powder (like you get with trainers) inside the packet - I thought it was a crazy Japanese flavouring, opened the sachet and sprinkled it all over the crackers before eating them. I thought it tasted a bit weird, then I saw the skull and crossbones drawn on the sachet, then I felt a bit funny. I didn't die though.

sufi

lala
dosas, samanthi, idli, uppuma, parathas, uppam...
yum, =something totally unlike most uk 'indian' food

also love those indian sweets, wish there was an ambala near here...gulab jamun, rasmalai, gajar halwa & what's that psychedelic pink milkshake with noodles ??? kulfi mmm

kulfee.gif

FALUDA yes please! :p

faluda.gif

Canada J Soup

Monkey Man
Not really all that exotic, but I've sampled rattlesnake (which does in fact taste like chicken), ostrich (which does in fact taste like steak, albeit not terribly good steak), alligator (which tastes like chicken that has been left lying on a pile of fish in the sun for an afternoon), and Fugu (which turns your lips numb and makes you feel a bit nervous). I feel like lobster is pretty much one of the weirdest things to eat out there. If they lived on land and you started getting them in your home you'd move out.

adruu

This Is It
ostrich tastes like steak? that i wouldnt expect. does it look like chicken when its cooked? kinda feel sick thinking about it to be honest. =P

swordfish tastes like a mix of salmon and tuna...i swear!

stelfox

Beast of Burden
i think the most revolting thing i've eaten was chitlins.
really quite irredeemable.
i have plans on eating the barbecued lamb gonads from that turkish testicle restaurant in stoke newington some time soon.

Canada J Soup

Monkey Man
adruu said:
ostrich tastes like steak? that i wouldnt expect. does it look like chicken when its cooked? kinda feel sick thinking about it to be honest. =P
Actually, it kind of looked like beef or maybe lamb. It was OK, just not as nice as a good steak and a little tough. Might be better if prepared well.

Lichen

stelfox said:
i barbecued lamb gonads from that turkish testicle restaurant in stoke newington some time soon.

Go for it Stelfox. They're like scallops!!!!

Though if they are Lamb's as opposed to Ram's testicles, they might be like tiny little scallops.

rewch

gnommeredi (sp.?) in puglia - lamb's intestine stuffed with heart, lung, liver, kidney &c.

D

droid

Oh yeah. Ive had raw tentacle. Quite tasty, and not as chewy as youd expect.

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
Never tried raw horse meat but did have it cooked various ways. Good stuff but very different from other meats I've tried.

Cow tongue is pretty common, really tender tasty meat as long as you don't look at it too much.

Duck neck is excellent it's probably a lot like chicken feet according to the description here. It's a lot of fun to eat around all the little bones.

As far as South Indian is concerned, we have a woman from South India at work here. If I never have Dosa in my life again I do not think I will be too unhappy. Pickle too (the mango kind). It's all way too spicy anyway.

zhao

there are no accidents
raw vegan pizza, noodles, "fried" eggplant, pancakes, dumplings, chocolate cake, icecream. yum!