Stuff You Ate

stelfox

Beast of Burden
sufi said:
also the line is drawn before molokhia
just to encourage non-carnivorous perspective, like

holy shit almighty, i missed this ed.
molokhia is beyond all doubt the worst thing i have ever eaten.
i'd actually managed to put it out of my mind, but it's WAAAY worse than chitlins. they just look disgusting and are bit tastless and slimy/rubbery. this stuff is incredibly, offensively awful.
actually, i should say that it's the worst thing i've ever "attempted to eat" because i've never managed to hold it down.
those unfamiliar with molokhia may undrestand why it's always made me puke quite violently when i explain that when cooked into the soup it has the consistency of phlegm and tastes like spinach would if you left it to rot for a few weeks.
for real authentic phlegminess it's also served at phlegm temperature.
the worst thing is that it's a real delicacy in jordan, lebanon and syria and is often given to you upon entering someone's house as a mark of special hospitality, and it's super-rude to refuse it.
when i was in the middle east i was given so much of it that i got to the point where i was able to keep it down for about five minutes before making a polite dash to the bathroom and vomming.
i think people thought i was bulimic.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
then again, there was also the vegan dinner i had to go to where someone served me with "soya cheese".
i swear if anyone ever gives this stuff to me again, i will punch them in the face.

Last edited:

sufi

lala
because i regretted passing the chance to have frog in chinatown last week,

i tried termites in the ugandan shop at lunchtime,
kinda like prawns... crispy! :p

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
stelfox said:
then again, there was also the vegan dinner i had to go to where someone served me with "soya cheese".
i swear if anyone ever gives this stuff to me again, i will punch them in the face.

Right on. Vegans are, after all, the Hezbollah-like extremist wing of vegetarianism (copyright: Anthony Bourdain). The worst things I have ever confronted are grape nuts and soy milk, and bran muffins. I too will physically hurt anyone who presents this 'food' to me ever again.

bassnation

the abyss
baboon2004 said:
Right on. Vegans are, after all, the Hezbollah-like extremist wing of vegetarianism (copyright: Anthony Bourdain). The worst things I have ever confronted are grape nuts and soy milk, and bran muffins. I too will physically hurt anyone who presents this 'food' to me ever again.

the vegans i knew seemed to consist solely on chips and digestive biscuits (the kind without animal fat in them) rather than fannying about with things like soya milk. they had a complexion similar to the moons surface though, so its probably not the healthiest option.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
baboon2004 said:

does eating meat make you violent? ;)

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
this wasnt me who ate this, but:

4gtf8s0.jpg

also in the news:

U.S. supermarkets pull spinach on E. coli outbreak

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/art...Z_01_N14336072_RTRIDST_0_SCIENCE-ECOLI-DC.XML

Could there be a link?

budub

la di da
so far i cant remember everything i ate while my dad was hunting regularly. a variety of deer parts that were made into jerky. venison is my favorite

love snails

veal, liver, duck, quail [standard]

tripe [menudo], grasshoppers and various bugs, dog food, paper when i was going through a phase as a toddler, leaves while hungry in the woods

pretty standard fare if you ask me, but maybe not

dawnchairy

I've eaten the duck egg. When I broke through the shell and sucked out the juice I felt a little squeemish. But the co-worker (yes, Philipino) who was giving me instructions on how to eat it said: "Now just bite off a bit at a time, and whatever you do don't look at it." To be honest it tastes pretty good. He'd given me two, so I nonchalantly ate the second one the next day in the staff lunch room, pretending as if it was a regular part of my lunch. That was awesome.

zhao

there are no accidents

don't worry, someday you will see the light. (or not)

zhao

there are no accidents
I am trying to stay on "the path".

mostly vegetarian now, next is complete vegetarianism, then vegan, then raw.

after a year or so of total raw diet, you are supposed to begin craving things you actually need. i.e. if you are short on iron, you will crave sea-weed. etc.

we don't crave what we need, and crave snickers bars right now is because we are full of toxins that scramble the signals.

our bodies are like super computers that knows exactly what it needs, but it is not functioning properly because of poor maintenance and abuse.

our bodies are like Lamborghinis, and we insist on putting shit and garbage in the tank.

Numbers

I am trying to stay on "the path". mostly vegetarian now, next is complete vegetarianism, then vegan, then raw.

Could you explain the details of this raw diet? Or is it just eating raw vegetables all throughout the year? That would be so wrong, even worse than macrobiotics.