catalog

brilliant bit of early scorsese, got a bit of everything. today i noticed the melville shout in the credits. great stuff, metaphorical for so much.

DLaurent

Best scene in Sorcerer for me, other than the bridge crossing, is cutting your pocket out of your trousers to make a sand timer to blow up a fallen tree. The John Barry score to Midnight Cowboy is pretty fine. Watching All The President's Men tonight and it's alright. I like a good newspaper drama movie and being a film noir fanatic, Call Northside 777 is one I'd recommend. Along with Ace In The Hole, Network and The Parallax View... the other one from the Paranoia trilogy... the more I watch of Warren Beatty the more I understand why he's at the Oscars every year. I haven't seen Klute funnily enough.

DLaurent

I'll try it. I kind of recommend The Silent Partner if only for his acting, it has some festive scenes so I tend to watch it around Christmas.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I started watching that but the link just kept crashing and in the end I had to give up. Shame cos I watched the first hour or something - I really enjoyed the vignette type things at the start, especially the French guy. The way he just walks out of his life in the middle of a posh meal - there is always enjoy about that kind of thing. Antonioni's The Passenger is kinda based around something like that happening.