New Order vs the Rolling Stones

notoriousJ.I.M

henry s said:
I don't exactly see bands lining up to cover New Order albums in full
There have been several New Order tribute albums actually. Info here and if you include Joy Division covers then Love Will Tear Us Apart alone has had many versions and the overall list is massive. They are undoubtedly extremely influential to many bands that have followed most notably The Cure and U2 (who have both covered LWTUA live.) That Joy Division site looks a bit shit but it's info is fairly up to date, I love the fact there's a dub tribute band called Jah Division!

big satan

HA-DO-KEN!
bassnation said:
depends whether you prefer navel gazing manic depressive indie or proto house music.

i am definitely in the latter camp.

even if they'd only done blue monday they would still be infinitely better than joy division.

even blue monday leaves me cold, i can't fathom how a few years earlier the same band had been coming up with crazed tracks like digital.
well it's all a matter of taste blablabla... aside from about 3 songs i'm not into the stones either.

luka

On this day in 2011 I made a double espresso for Ronnie Wood. He wanted to know where he could buy some Uggs.

craner

Beast of Burden
:crylarf: I didn't even think of that!

It's the least impressive famous person anecdote I have - Bobby Gillespie walked into a room I was in. No fucking way, mental!

luka

:crylarf: I didn't even think of that!

It's the least impressive famous person anecdote I have - Bobby Gillespie walked into a room I was in. No fucking way, mental!

Now he's saying it's the least of them! The least of his anecdotes tops my top one! It's remorseless