luka

well again this hangs on a theological question you need to make sure the larger force isn't Satan.

luka

Just as an aside the idea Jon Ronson and others popularised, that our rulers are literal psychopaths, is another way of saying 'reptilians.'

constant escape

winter withered, warm
The larger forces would be some ambivalent admixture of God and Satan, seeing as that dichotomy can be read as saying more about our internal language than it says about the external forces, no?

constant escape

winter withered, warm
I don't think I would necessarily disagree that the ruler needs to be a psychopath, based on how we define that term. I think, strictly speaking, "psychopath" denoting a soul/mind that deviates from normativity - it is almost a necessary quality for a would-be ruler. That is, unless every person is capable of ruling, in which case a given ruler wouldn't be an exception, and thus the "-pathic" wouldn't apply. As in, pathology.

luka

The larger forces would be some ambivalent admixture of God and Satan, seeing as that dichotomy can be read as saying more about our internal language than it says about the external forces, no?

I mean, what if there are all sorts of larger forces. And some are inimical to human needs and other are really sweet? Then you would need to exercise discrimination. angelology and demonology

constant escape

winter withered, warm
And the belief in larger forces could, also, be read as saying more about our internal language/epistemology than the external nature. The external could very well be operating independently of any overseeing agenda, but that doesn;t necessarily preclude us from effectively imposing such an agenda onto it.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
It doesn't involve a belief in higher order forces so much as it involves a belief in the effectiveness of believing in higher-order forces.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Effective to what end? That is where a pragmatics comes into play, a pragmatics that consists of a superposition of all possible ideologies, perhaps.

edit: a second order pragmatics.

luka

Yeah pragmatic a being what universe do you end up in based in your belwifs. How much agency do you have? How fantastic do you feel?

constant escape

winter withered, warm
I guess the closest thing to actual evidence is that patterns emerge on scales built upon the human psyche. That lines form, ideologically, and remain active/effective because people continue to treat them as real distinctions, reifying them (?).

constant escape

winter withered, warm
It seems like the order of beliefs/ideology, if we think of it as an order, would function as a supervisor/manager of the organization of matter. In what direction should the world (specifically its material resources) be developed?