Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I have read them. These things appeared on the top of your home, without warning or explanation, let alone consent. They're big and ugly and make an unsettling noise. That would piss me off, too. But to my mind that's still a long way from a literal belief in the existence of secret sci-fi technology intended to control our thoughts or simply murder us. Maybe it's because I have some understanding of the physical principles involved but, for me, the one thing doesn't shade into the other. (For one thing, I bet a lot of the people who are going nuts about this don't live within sight or earshot of them like you do.)

luka

Well, in that case, I accept I have failed to convince you. Hopefully other people will be more sympathetic. But if not, it's not the end of the world. That is the way I think about it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'm actually not a big fan of the idea of 5G either, for the reason that enough of us are smartphone zombies as it is (guiltily raises hand) even without the ability to stream HD video on demand from any point on the earth's surface.

A second important point is that there's good reason to think it will badly fuck up the ability to monitor weather because it occupies a part of the spectrum packed with absorption bands of water.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Good new theory I just read. I'm sure you all know that Tories are funded mainly by bequests, they get more money from the dead than the living... and so their coronavirus response is designed to creat more dead people, their natural constituency.

Leo

fundraising by killing off their constituents/voting base. brilliant long-term strategy!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I like to imagine the look on Cummings's face after he's triumphantly announced his plan to save the state loads of money by letting lots of old people die from coronavirus, and then someone's nudged him and pointed out that the Tory party only win elections because they can rely on the grey vote without fail.

Last edited:

luka

In Belfast the air, sky, orgone, whatever feels the way the whole world used in 1970. The reason why Belfast still feels like that whereas the rest of the world now feels like hell is that Belfast don't have 5g.

That's how to read that tweet in good faith.

Can confirm that I continue to be the calm voice of reason round here with consistently high quality posts because Belfast has no 5g

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps