version

He is speaking of the new improvement of genetic engineering through CRISPR CAS9. Many scientists believe that we will soon be able to edit any genetical disease out of our genome. They also believe that will be able to edit the genes of ageing. Maybe virtually making us immortal... at least not being able to die from disease or ageing. [It's part of transhumanism movements, but there's science behind it, maybe by the end of the century it will be a reality!] Then the only way to die will be through accident, crimes and wars... Then Cantona mentions that crimes and wars are multiplying [which is factually wrong but I think he's speaking of the potential increase in wars due to the ecological and climatic collapse that awaits us]. Football is helping him to keep hope in humanity that's why he loves it!

"As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport?", It's apparently a quote from Shakespeare. Naughty boys ("wanton boys") kill "flies" for "sport" (meaning for fun). Therefore this quote is saying that gods kill people for fun, because to them we are like the bugs are to the boys...

so, all together the train of though is:- Gods kill us for their fun- But the Science will allow us to challenge them, we'll become immortal like them- But the wars and crimes will still kill us- Football is our salvation!

edit: as u/RonaldinhoOnTheBeach mentioned, he's probably being ironic at the end. "I love Football" is sarcastic in the sense that as humans we could be becoming immortal but the crimes and wars will raise, blocking us from reaching that goal and football is used as a distraction!

I met him once in a bar in Brittany. We were both super drunk.

Honestly I didn't recognized him and asked him what he was doing in his life. I was with a scottish girl and she was like jumping histerically telling me "this is eric container"... I dunno how to write the scot accent. She made me took a picture of her with him, which I found weird because I was too drunk to recognize that it was Eric Cantona. But anyway, the day after, when I sobered up she showed me the picture. And then I finally connected and was like "Wtf! that was Eric Cantona!!!". I mean, I'm born in the 80s, so when I was a kid he was a big player. Man U was my fav team back then, with Giggs, Cantona, Keane... I was a fan. I got the opportunity to drink with him but I didn't even realized it! Was fun tho and I'm sure he appreciated that someone was interacting with him as if he was a complete random at a bar!

Leo

and of course, Netanyahu blaming the media/fake news for his situation (I guess technically not a loss yet, still too close).

version

Former Danske Estonia boss found dead amid money laundering inquiry - https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-d...d-amid-money-laundering-inquiry-idUKKBN1WA0TQ

TALLINN (Reuters) - A former head of Danske Bank’s (DANSKE.CO) Estonian branch, who was a witness in an investigation into alleged money laundering, has been found dead by police in Estonia.

Danske Bank is under investigation in several countries, including the United States, Denmark, Britain and Estonia, over suspicious payments totaling 200 billion euros ($220 billion) moved through its tiny Estonian branch between 2007 and 2015.

Police in Estonia had been searching since Monday for Aivar Rehe, who ran Danske Bank’s Estonian business during this period. They said he had not been seen since he left his home in Tallinn, Estonia’s capital.

“There are no signs of violence on the corpse, and there is no indication of an accident ... There will be no investigation opened,” police said in a statement on Wednesday. Rehe’s body had been found near his home, they added.

A spokeswoman for Estonian prosecutor’s office said Rehe was a witness, not a suspect, in a case opened in December 2018 against 10 former Danske Bank employees which involved alleged money laundering of around 300 million euros.

version

I was watching a clip of Eddie Murphy driving around with Jerry Seinfeld the other night and he said he was once in a restaurant with Sammy Davis Jr. when Sammy turned to him and said "You know Satan is as powerful as God."

1:34

I looked into it and apparently he was actually a member of the Church of Satan along with Jayne Mansfield.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I just finished the excellent Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (sequel to the earlier Amnesia: The Dark Descent survival-horror game), full of heavily pig-based steampunkish body-horror. I noticed that the credit for the music used in the game's outro is for a group called Cameron Clegg and the Lardons. The game came out in 2013, two years before 'piggate' - did the developers know something the rest of us hadn't learned yet?

version

This is why I've cut right down on reading and following the news. It's like having hundreds of pairs of hands trying to prise your brain apart and get inside.

luka

Yeah I stopped too. Quite a while ago. When trump first got elected I was reading every day checking up all the time to make sure he hadn't nuked Western Samoa

version

Yeah, I just got burned out and there was so much misinformation out there that I didn't see what I was getting out of it and didn't want to contribute to furthering any of it, giving people clicks. Now I see the odd story, maybe read a few articles from time to time and just try to concentrate on other things.

luka

Globalists Openly Admit To Population Control Agenda - And That's A Bad Sign...

Zero hedge is an interesting one isn't it. You never would have seen the conspiracy crowd back Bush, he was part of the NWO, everyone knew that, but with Trump conspiracy becomes politically partisan, maybe for the first time.* his wooing of Alex Jones being emblematic of that, and of course he owes conspiracists, is in their debt, as his rise to power owes so much to the birther stuff, Obama being some kind of Muslim infiltrator.

* I mean strictly in terms of party politics. Before trump anyone in power was automatically corrupt. There were no 'white hats'.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...-population-control-agenda-and-thats-bad-sign

Tyler Durden.

luka

The way Glenn Greenwald, a zero hedge favourite, has resituated himself in the wake of Snowden and the founding of the intercept is intriguing too. I'd love to know what Craner makes of that.