Coca Cola Advertising in Leicester Square.

sufi

lala
Soft Drinks, Hard Bastards

(that's my headline of the year!)

from the latest schnews
Over 1000 people marched to the Coca-Cola factory in Mehdiganj, in India last week, demanding its closure. The demo was the end of a 10 day, 250 km march from Ballia, another bottling facility, bringing attention to Coca-Cola’s negative impacts on communities across India (SchNEWS 474).

The peaceful marchers were met at the bottling facility by armed police. Speakers at the rally denounced Coca-Cola’s illegal practices in India and internationally.

Marchers then went to the factory gates, near the site of the rally, where police reacted violently with no warning. They baton-charged and beat the marchers, then chased onlookers in surrounding fields to give them a beating too. Over 350 were arrested, and 100 injured.

“While shocking, the violent attack on the peaceful demonstration against Coca-Cola is not surprising. Coca-Cola operates with impunity, and violence is an inherent part of how Coca-Cola does business the world over”, said Amit Srivastava of the India Resource Center. Images and film from the rally also available by contacting info@IndiaResource.org, www.IndiaResource.org

Send a FREE FAX to Neville Isdell, CEO of Coca-Cola in Atlanta, US demanding they stop the violence and address the problems created by Coca-Cola in India. www.indiaresource.org/action/faxcoke.php

so don't be seduced by the twinkling lights... remember they are trying to poison us all - body and soul...
i saw a most amusing exhibition just around the corner fronm yr gaff actually matt...

Woebot

sufi said:
so don't be seduced by the twinkling lights...
yeah that was a good wind up wasnt it. expect more in this vein from me.

i haven't drunk any coke in 9 years. though they do own practically every other soft drink dont they.

sufi

lala
the moderator who trolls his own bbs??? :confused:
icon5.gif
:eek:
icon5.gif

actually i did snap those same twinkly lights with me new digi camera... but i'm too right-on to admit it publicly of course ... oops :eek:

Woebot

sufi said:
the moderator who trolls his own bbs??? :confused:
icon5.gif
:eek:
icon5.gif
better believe it! nah it's really along the capitalist -vs- marxist axis. i'll confess to slightly losing interest in "the cause" at the moment. heresy i know! how much does it actually mean to anyone's life praxis these days? me, i'm of the school of thought that says if you actually believe in it, you drop what you're doing and plot to overthrow the regime. otherwise...........

sufi said:
actually i did snap those same twinkly lights with me new digi camera... but i'm too right-on to admit it publicly of course ... oops :eek:
who's the wind up now sufi? ;)

sufi

lala
i'm of the school of thought that says if you actually believe in it, you drop what you're doing and plot to overthrow the regime. otherwise...........

we dealt with that attitude oredi star: here

actually this bbs is some sort of productivity blackspot preventing me from getting on with my main goal of undermining the regime...

must close browser window...

do not hit refresh...

urgh

Woebot

rewch said:
isn't that piccadilly circus...ackcherly?
shall i just mail you two my bloody body and be done with it?

to return to my orginal point:

"pretty lights. aaah!"

mms

sometimes
WOEBOT said:
yeah that was a good wind up wasnt it. expect more in this vein from me.

i haven't drunk any coke in 9 years. though they do own practically every other soft drink dont they.

they'll never take irn bru!