Britain's best birds.

We have a flock of goldfinch that descends on our pond for a morning bath. Beautiful, highly-coloured little things.
goldfinch.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
Where my parents live there are a load of farmers fields at the bottom of their garden. For ages they've been marked for development but now it's finally started and suddenly at a stroke that whole row of houses are cut off from nature. Before the garden had badgers, deer etc but now there is no way access to those houses without going through a massive building which I guess they are not gonna do. I dunno if the effect on birds is so radical but already the massive numbers of red kites patrolling the fields have gone so it's probably similar.... well, it aint gonna be good is it?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Those little brown/green/beige ones that you get in hedges and fields and marshes and so on are so hard to identify I find. I think my eyesight is just not that good these days and I really struggle with those ones.
Nuthatch and woodpecker in relatively quick succession is good work though.
My friend was showing me some pictures from his garden - they come right up and get food I think.