Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 'erotic' cinema?

No mention of Realm of the Senses?
    Or Blind Beast?
    Or Belle de Jour?

those are the first that come to mind

Quote Originally Posted by stephenk View Post
    did anyone mention the wayward cloud? one of my favorites...

YES I DID! Posted it on the first page of this thread but see the YouTube video got removed or something. It was, together with Snakes of June, the first movie I had to think of. Hugely recommended, only thing I didn't like about it were the musical interludes but the end of the movie makes up for it. LOL.

"No mention of Realm of the Senses?
    Or Blind Beast?
    Or Belle de Jour?
    those are the first that come to mind"
    I always thought of In The Realm of the Senses (Ai No Corrida) as a (deliberately) anti-erotic film. It seems to me that it's a much more effective and relentless film of sexual obsession than, say, Shame but I'd never have called it erotic.
    Blind Beast is sleaze alright, and then a kind of romance mingles in, I can see where you're coming from here.
    Never seen Belle de Jour strangely enough.

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    YES I DID! Posted it on the first page of this thread but see the YouTube video got removed or something. It was, together with Snakes of June, the first movie I had to think of. Hugely recommended, only thing I didn't like about it were the musical interludes but the end of the movie makes up for it. LOL.
    oh yeah, the musical bits were a little hard to take, and the ending is fantastic, there's this sense of total exhaustion - i love how he lingers after the act is finished.