Craner is writing a novella!

luka

this is brillaint news. i mistakenely believed that craner's destiny was in poetry but that was just a reflection of my desire to get all good writers to write more like me. 'its good but it would be vastly improved if you made it more like what i do' it's very juvenile, i'll have to talk myself out of that.
anywa, there's an extract at worldwarfour.blogspot.com
i had to click on the december archives thing at the bottom of the page to make it load but it might have sorted itself out now.
it don't sound nothing like me, it sounds like craner, mannered, urbane, self-reflexive, self-deflating, very lovely stylish sentences. slightly ridiculous, in a self-aware, totally good way. if there's any publishers lurking you can contact him at durtal78@hotmail.com
you'd be a fool not to. its a bestseller!

satanmcnugget

that IS brilliant news, Luka!

course, i always saw what Oliver does as poetry...or as blurring the lines between prose and poetry...prose/poems

(now if only somebody else we know around here who is a wicked writer were to get to work on THEIR magnum opus, huh?) :) (gentle poke, Luka, dont bite my head off, ok?)

arcaNa

Snakes + Ladders
arcaNa said:
i'm working on syntax. and punctuation... :(
aw... just occurred to me how rude/disrespectful that post could've been interpreted...
..i'm sorry, it wasn't meant that way! :eek:
as you were..
best of luck with your writing craner, it will be interesting to hear more about this project as it proceeds!
all the best... :)
-cheers..

craner

Beast of Burden
Um, I didn't take any offense. There was nothing to offend.

It was a nasty rumour spread simply to discredit and derail my career in political journalism, which is currently proceeding about as fast as tectonic shifts on the earth's crust.

However, I have started to think about writing a novella, and am currently digging out Francoise Sagan and Jay McInnery novels to steal stuff from.

Now I just need a plot.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'm imagining a sort of Bond novel but super-highbrow. Something a Times reviewer would call both "erudite" and "rip-snorting". A political thriller, set partly in central Asia, with loads of secret-service skullduggery, crazy murderous Islamists, a heroine - ultra-wealthy, possibly Uzbek by ethnicity, outrageously beautiful and intelligent, generously endowed in the nose department - and of course a hero-protagonist: blond-maned, good at surfing, encyclopedic knowledge of mid-90s hip-hop...

Last edited: