YouTube video finds

mos dan

fact music
sorry, i've never looked at this thread before so sorry if it's been done, but i was talking to a mate about my favourite hiphop videos, and these were a few that came to mind:

juvenile - ha

petey pablo - raise up

public enemy - shut em down

i've never had mtv or anything so i've probably never seen a lot of amazing ones.

on a completely different note, mention of will oldham reminded me of this jeff lewis video () it's SO worth watching. unless you find him annoying. but i don't see how you could.

Benny Bunter

on a completely different note, mention of will oldham reminded me of this jeff lewis video () it's SO worth watching. unless you find him annoying. but i don't see how you could.

This is an amazing song, gives me the shivers. Video's just plain hilarious though:)

Guybrush

Dittohead
Private – My Secret Lover (ritzy strobopop)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

DJ PIMP

blaqstarr & rye rye - shake it down to the ground
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
^^^^ YES! :D Blaqstar and rye rye

Trouble Funk - Don't Touch That Stereo- Live In London in the 80's

Trouble Funk - "Good To Go"

EU - @ @ CAPITAL CENTRE 1987

Last edited:

ripley

sorry I don't know if this has been posted: MARIO THEME ON TESLA COIL?

continuum

smugpolice
Fantazia 15th May 1992 UK, "morning gurn time"

matt b

Indexing all opinion
iration steppas/YT 'what's wrong' new dubplate (filmed in lyon oct. 2007):

heard this in the dance on saturday- pure murderation!

DannyL

Wild Horses
That brings back a few memories..

That Fantazia video is brilliant. I love the fact its in the morning so you can really see the gu chewing calmmy faces... I can smell the sweat, fags and congealed amyl nitrate.

It's hard to believe that that scene actually happened, and went on for as long as it did.

continuum

smugpolice
That Fantazia video is brilliant. I love the fact its in the morning so you can really see the gu chewing calmmy faces... I can smell the sweat, fags and congealed amyl nitrate.

It's hard to believe that that scene actually happened, and went on for as long as it did.

Halcyon days for sure. I have only experienced it via recorded medium unfortunately, wish I could of been there. Check out the guy at 3.53-4.00 who looks like he is dodging some kind of flying beast.

elgato

I just dont know
Fantazia 15th May 1992 UK, "morning gurn time"

tuuuuunes... does anyone know what that last track is?

Halcyon days for sure. I have only experienced it via recorded medium unfortunately, wish I could of been there.

You really didn't miss all that much fella.

It may well be more meaningful to long for at a distance than have actually attended!

bit like the way fairgrounds look great from the outside...;)

A few years earlier was something else i'm sure.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Oh, I dunno, they seemed amazing at the time :) (pity I can't make that smiley sniff a bottle of poppers and gurn, isn't it?)

I missed the "early years" of the illegal M25 parties like Sunrise and Biology, and only started going out in 1990/1, but they did seem absolutely amazing at the time. I was young and naive and had a head full of chemicals but they were still great. What really got me about it was the behaviour of your average party goer - I don't know if it was a learned thing or what, and it may be naive wistful bollocks but it seemed that everyone had almost learned through imitation to be more friendly - drug induced to a degree , but the idea was in the air that it was some kind of "psychedelic revolution"* going on and everyone seemed to make this happen - before the normal resistance kicked back in.

*I'm aware of how naive that sound now - but I was pretty distant from all the gangsterim going on in the background. There *was* a different vibe in the air for a while. Nice dose of nostalgia for me - now, where is that Burial record?

continuum

smugpolice
You really didn't miss all that much fella.

It may well be more meaningful to long for at a distance than have actually attended!

bit like the way fairgrounds look great from the outside...;)

A few years earlier was something else i'm sure.

I seriously would of loved to been there amongst all the madness! At the time I really wanted to attend an event and was jealous seeing older people at school getting hyped about going to the Donnington Fantazia in that video and other raves whose flyers they would be passing around. I only really got into music seriously from listening to tapes from the pre-jungle/happy hardcore years and I loved the fashion and seeing people dancing on the street outside school to the music blaring from the cars. There was a whole feeling about it I wanted to experience first hand.

By the time I actually got to a rave in 1994 it was over and Jungle and Happy Hardcore had split everything. I still enjoyed Jungle but strangely never actually did a pill until UK Garage took a hold several years later. That Tuff Jam set will always be remembered!!!

I think everything has just been out of balance since 92/93 when the authorities had worked out what was going on and realised it could be a serious threat. Hence we got the Criminal Justice Act/Brit Pop etc.

Thanks for the link to that thread DannyL - really interesting views there.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I'm a little bit frightened - I think I'm going to see me from 15 years ago, hugging a ginger pipefitter from Loughborough, both of us convinced if we dance hard enough we can change the world.