wektor

someone once told me this was the case. mind you he also once told me he saw a party boat on the Thames and jumped from a bridge on to the boat and joined the party
I have commonly seen that happen at gabber parties in Poland, often happening at a boat in the summer

wektor

I watched the video for his new tune last night and it made said tune a bit more interesting. In fact the tune is pretty good throughout until he introduces a slightly naff riff towards the end.

Anyway, the dedication to his parents at the end of the video was touching and seemed like a rare moment of letting his grimacing mask slip.
some geezer visuals right there I have to say

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Seeing articles pop up with SAWII turning 25, need to give it a proper listen through. I've heard a few tracks off it dozens of times, the really warm and comforting ones I suppose.

He must have had so many offers to do soundtracks from films, at least I'd think

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Comments under these ambient aphex tunes are always quite interesting cos people project all sorts of stuff onto the them

But this one it's mostly just comments about nostalgia for GTA4

version

Some of that album really gets into uncanny territory. You get these moments of heavenly bliss, like floating on a cloud, then the next thing you've the soundtrack to a hand coming through your window or a pair of feet appearing under the door.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Interesting (or is it?) that aphex and autechre (and other IDM artists? I don't know) both oscillate between these extreme poles of dreamy, beatless euphoria and harsh-as-possible glitchy drums. Two different forms of austerity perhaps.

version

Interesting (or is it?) that aphex and autechre (and other IDM artists? I don't know) both oscillate between these extreme poles of dreamy, beatless euphoria and harsh-as-possible glitchy drums. Two different forms of austerity perhaps.

The two poles of machinery. From the clanking industrial factory to the weightless textures of cyberspace.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The two poles of machinery. From the clanking industrial factory to the weightless textures of cyberspace.
I don't think the weightless ones evoke cyberspace really but I suppose you're right in that synths can feel weightless and sourceless in a way instruments can't

version

I don't think the weightless ones evoke cyberspace really but I suppose you're right in that synths can feel weightless and sourceless in a way instruments can't

Yeah, I was referring to the spectrum of machinery. You've got the very harsh, large, physical and lumbering at one end and at the other you've the very smooth, light and small. From the bulldozer to the iPhone.