Which comes first?

The eye twitch or the murder? As is classic with murderers is the eye twitch. Is it that very eye twitch that drove them to it? or is it a by-product of the act?

Guybrush

Dittohead
I guess a possible reason for a few rogues seemingly suffering from this could be that they've been involved in a hefty amount of face-deforming fist-fights. Anyway, I've spent the last hour thinking about the social effects of a sudden face-deformation and I've come to the unpleasant conclusion that they'd probably be greater than one'd like to imagine, probably even more so when it comes to eye-twitching, what with all the thug associations and all.

N

nomadologist

studies have demonstrated that even parents attend more closely, give more physical affection to, and on average keep in closer proximity to them the children who are more "attractive" according to that map of points you can use as the golden ratio on the face that applies across cultures from what such people have been able to measure.

of course, the studies were probably all funded by Mattel Inc and Botox Cosmetics.

swears

preppy-kei
studies have demonstrated that even parents attend more closely, give more physical affection to, and on average keep in closer proximity to them the children who are more "attractive" according to that map of points you can use as the golden ratio on the face that applies across cultures from what such people have been able to measure.

of course, the studies were probably all funded by Mattel Inc and Botox Cosmetics.

No, it's true. Attractive people get to do do whatever they want, and are taken more seriously.

budub

la di da
Ok so I've reviewed my psychological journals and I've come to the conclusion that there is no cause and effect relationship between unattractiveness and psychopathic behavior.

:eek:

:waits for serious [or seriously hilarious] debate about eye twitches to resume:

bassnation

the abyss
No, it's true. Attractive people get to do do whatever they want, and are taken more seriously.

this is a common misconception. "attractive" people (a relative concept at best) don't automatically have easier lives.

for a start most people don't see themselves as others see them - they may not necessarily be walking round thinking they are gorgeous. they have to labour under the perceptions (and sometimes envy and animosity) of others. they either get hit on, everywhere they go (which is not as pleasant as it sounds, if you aren't interested) or people won't even approach them because "they are beautiful, whats the point"

even if they are narcissistic, that in itself brings its own problems.

nobody is guaranteed an easy life no matter what they look like. best not to burden others with how you feel about yourself.

Last edited:

martin

----
But have you noticed that members of the BNP are intensely ugly? Is that the ugliness of fascism itself reflected in their features, or do they just get into nationalism as a kind of "I look like shit, so fuck the lot of you, I never wanted to join in anyway" to the rest of the world?

And just because you've got BDD, doesn't mean you're not a minger

swears

preppy-kei
But have you noticed that members of the BNP are intensely ugly? Is that the ugliness of fascism itself reflected in their features, or do they just get into nationalism as a kind of "I look like shit, so fuck the lot of you, I never wanted to join in anyway" to the rest of the world?

And just because you've got BDD, doesn't mean you're not a minger

No, I don't buy it. They look pretty normal to me, that's part of what makes them so creepy. It's like serial killers..."Oh there was always something funny about him...funny features." Although some of them probably have mashed up features from their days as football hoolies.