comelately

Wild Horses
I suspect that's one of those things that if I tried it again now I wouldn't like it because I've had better better medicinal syrup now. Once you go Mikkeller Black, you don't go back.

luka

Shop on the corner don't do mikeller. 7.5% about £1.50 if you're balancing your finances

luka

You lot don't have to balance your finances cos you have proper big boy jobs. Dont have to live like a teenager

comelately

Wild Horses
Those days are over for a while tbh. But nonetheless sometimes you can't go back to certain things. I've spoilt moka pot coffee mud for my gf by serving up Aeropress in the morning - I buy the cheapest all Arabica beans I can get, but it's still a class above.

My current favourite drink is boxed white wine, Aldi gin, elderflower syrup, mineral water, orange bitters.

comelately

Wild Horses
It's a little dearer I guess because less alcohol, but Magic Rock Dark Arts (6%) is pretty money and I believe it's 4 for £6 at (presumably bigger) Tescos.

White wine turns me into a belligerent 16yo lad on his first holiday without his parents, memory blanks. A string of text and voice notes that seem like they were sent by an evil twin. Can’t do it. Red wine though...sensual, tolerant, gliding along. So different.

Leo

I rarely drank red wine until about five years, now I could easily become a lush. luckily I don't like it as much in the warm weather, so only a 4-5 month addiction.

luka

White wine turns me into a belligerent 16yo lad on his first holiday without his parents, memory blanks. A string of text and voice notes that seem like they were sent by an evil twin. Can’t do it. Red wine though...sensual, tolerant, gliding along. So different.

I do that with any booze. After a point have to embrace it. It's me. A weird bit I'm humiliated by but me. Why? Dunno. Troubling. But me.

comelately

Wild Horses
Probably just about drinking faster though innit

The Hungarians drink a lot of spritzers - I think they've long had a bad rep in Britain because yuppies/Delboy etc, but nah they're good.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that the uncool drinks are mostly the best ones.

luka

I'm drunk now and I think am I bad cos drunk? I don't think so. I haven't sexually abused anyone. Not flashed any schoolgirls

comelately

Wild Horses
There is a point if I session too hard that I'm not at my best - not a good drunk at a certain point. I can ride the drinks and dinner wave just fine, but the sesh is dangerous.

luka

Good friends allow for modulation a in personality while pulling up genuine concern points!

Thankfully I fall asleep by that stage. Off switch. And now I’m old enough that something kicks in to navigate my body back home rather than just fall asleep in a club or bar. Not white wine though, different story, the escalation is too steep.