Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you stockpiling for quarantine?

Default Are you stockpiling for quarantine?

Blah blah blah
    Last edited by martin; 14-03-2020 at 11:47 PM.

In Portugal no-one seems to be aware of this at all... dunno if it's confidence in the authorities to deal with it or simple ignorance. Probably the latter, nobody watches the news or pays attention to current affairs or whatever, I might start asking people if they've heard of coronavirus.
    Last edited by IdleRich; 01-03-2020 at 09:14 PM.

I am a born hoarder and a gym-rat - so I already had lots of protein powder from Bulkpowders & I bought a lot of lentils from when they're cheap at New Year. Recently I have picked up a bit of UHT milk and rice *just in case*. I'd struggle to go 90 days on what I have, but a month would probably be just about ok.

I've a few more tins and whatnot, but nothing major. That's tins of food, not beer.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to john eden For This Useful Post:

does he know you're stockpiling him?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:

I'm recommend hoarding liquid hand soap. already difficult to find here, and the advice is to wash your hands many times a day, so using it up much quicker than usual. we're fine for now but constantly on the lookout for an extra refill.
    Last edited by Leo; 10-03-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Fuel for the fire

https://futurism.com/neoscope/corona...20_03_09_07_56

"We have a much more individualistic approach to health. And that is always ideologically opposed to the way infectious diseases work."
    Last edited by constant escape; 09-03-2020 at 10:59 PM.

Some distributed computing said to contribute to vaccine research (?).

Resist the invisible force:

https://foldingathome.org/

Haven't tried that one, but I have BOINC's Rosetta@home working minimally on my computer. Baby steps.

My partner spent 70 quid on a stockpile today. Tinned food, pasta, and a bunch of other stuff. Gonna be fucking weird if it does happen. Unprecedented. I'm juggling a kinda Boys Adventure excitement with the thought that old people I know (i.e. parents) may well die.

Done a bit of stockpiling but nothing too extreme. Dinner of the day is going to be very boring if this hits the pandemic stage.

On tips, plan so as not to get scurvy, because it will just make a bad situation that little bit worse.

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    In Portugal no-one seems to be aware of this at all... dunno if it's confidence in the authorities to deal with it or simple ignorance. Probably the latter, nobody watches the news or pays attention to current affairs or whatever, I might start asking people if they've heard of coronavirus.
    The Portuguese president has put himself in isolation or something.

Yeah, all changed since I wrote that last post.... people in masks and stuff all over the place. I haven't done any stocking up whatsoever though.

We're the proud owners of a 3 kg bag of pasta, but that's only because the Mrs didn't read the size of the pack while placing an online supermarket order the other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by woops
    i hate sigs