Postmodernity

version

Anyone with a decent grasp of this stuff able to say whether this is broadly accurate?

Pre-Modern:

We know The Truth (God)

Modern:

We're looking at/for The Truth (Science)

Post-Modern:

There's no Truth, but truths (Subjectivity)

Post-Postmodern:

Truths aren't equal, but most Truthful emerges from the continuum. (Metanarrative)

version

TL: Could the term “transmodernism” better describe our time?

JB: This is a far more interesting term. I am not the only one to use it, for example, Paul Virilio uses the term “transpolitical”. The term analyzes how things develop after the principles of political realism have disappeared. When this happens, we have a dimension where politics always has and always will exist, but it is not the real political game. What happens afterwards calls into play the same problematic, but is specifically connected to defined areas; we have transaesthetics, transeconomy, and so on. These are better terms than “postmodernism”. It is not about modernity; it is about every system that has developed its mode of expression to the extent that it surpasses itself and its own logic. This is what I am trying to analyze.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
TL: Could the term “transmodernism” better describe our time?

JB: This is a far more interesting term. I am not the only one to use it, for example, Paul Virilio uses the term “transpolitical”. The term analyzes how things develop after the principles of political realism have disappeared. When this happens, we have a dimension where politics always has and always will exist, but it is not the real political game. What happens afterwards calls into play the same problematic, but is specifically connected to defined areas; we have transaesthetics, transeconomy, and so on. These are better terms than “postmodernism”. It is not about modernity; it is about every system that has developed its mode of expression to the extent that it surpasses itself and its own logic. This is what I am trying to analyze.
Honestly had no idea Jeremy Beadle was so into this stuff.

version

Honestly had no idea Jeremy Beadle was so into this stuff.

Craner told me this is one of his favourite images.