drug warning stories

bassnation

the abyss
About ten years ago myself and friends used to frequent a house club every weekend for several months and took lots of pills. One friend would only ever need to take one and would be way more fucked than any of the rest of us. When fully up on the pill his eyes would roll right back and his chin would be in a position you would not think possible. He would also need to be guided around by one or two of us while in this state and would only be able to walk at a stupidly slow pace. We all found it very amusing and he continued to do pills with us despite their affect on him.

After a few episodes of this people began to clock him from previous occasions and he started to become a bit of a celebrity amongst the regulars! The peak was one night where, while walking him through the large chillout area, the 1-200 resting ravers applauded as we moved through...

i've got a few mates like that. one of them goes to clubs, takes a pill and then just sits and mongs for the entire night with his eyes shut, maybe a bit of chin action if your lucky. last time i went out with him there was these teenage girls trying to take photos of him with their mobile phones who i had to shoo off. they couldn't believe someone was practically sleeping, in a club with banging techno playing.

you might as well stay at home and sit in the dark with headphones on, i reckon.

N

nomadologist

i know how he feels--ecstasy is the only drug i've ever completely blacked out on

dHarry

Not quite a friend of a friend, but I remember an interview with one of the Ramones who saw Sid Vicious at a party in London sticking his syringe into a toilet bowl full of puke and whatever else for some water to jack up with :eek:

And a real friend was at a party where someone out of it leaped off a balcony a few stories up; can't remember if he survived or was merely maimed.

Chris

fractured oscillations
A FOAF was at a club once, already completely wasted (just on booze, I think) and decided it'd be a good idea to take a pill. So he swallows it but it immediately comes back up, along with a significant quantity of stomach contents, into his pint glass. Unperturbed, he proceeds to drink his puke to reclaim the pilly goodness. Not surprisingly, it doesn't stay down for long, although by this time he's made it to the bogs. He re-pukes into the bowl and then starts scooping the pukey bog-water into his mouth in order not to 'waste' this pill, which he wouldn't have felt anyway due to the booze and must have cost him, ooh, all of three or four quid.

Ok, now I won't feel so bad about confiding what I actually witnissed this last weekend... I was visiting a couple of old friends of mine, who are unfortunately hopeless H addicts now, but I love them so I still go say hi sometimes. We had a few hours before we were heading to another friend's party, so they decided to do their thing. My friend is trying to poke around in his girl's arm to find a vein, but all her veins have sunken in beyond reach at this point. After (I kid you not) about 50 or so blind stabs, the syringe now half-filled with blood, he finally says fuck it, can't do it anymore 'cause it's making him sick. Now she's been dopesick for a few days and isn't going to let this stop her, so she actually decides to snort the bloody contents of the syringe. So she squirts it in the spoon, holds a lighter underneath to try to burn out most of the blood, clearly not getting it all, and (despite our nauseated protests) snorts it down. The things junkies will do...

Last edited:

Chris

fractured oscillations
...but no need to let the thread end on THAT depressing story. LOL

I just had to vent. Sadly, even experiences like that don't convince my friends that just maybe it's about time to quit. :(

*insert funny but obviously fake drug warning story* :rolleyes: