jenks

thread death
Gerrard off to manage in Saudi Arabia - trying to work out of this is a retrograde step, the start of the end of any serious managerial ambitions like going to manage a third division Turkish team or if this is the start of something new and we will see more youngish managers going out there to build their 'brand'

version

It's gonna be really entertaining if we get a season or two of him leisurely dismantling MLS teams. Apparently defense is basically non-existent there because of something to do with their rules meaning every team just pours their money into attackers.

entertainment

It's gonna be really entertaining if we get a season or two of him leisurely dismantling MLS teams. Apparently defense is basically non-existent there because of something to do with their rules meaning every team just pours their money into attackers.
Yeah it looked crazy how much space he had between the lines. Busi can find him there in his sleep too. Just noticed Inter Miami is in last place in the league,.

version

It's surreal. The best player of all time has joined the worst team in the American league. The other teams must be pinching themselves. They've signed Jordi Alba now too and apparently they're eyeing Suarez and Iniesta.

entertainment

It's surreal. The best player of all time has joined the worst team in the American league. The other teams must be pinching themselves. They've signed Jordi Alba now too and apparently they're eyeing Suarez and Iniesta.
Iniesta is 39 though and I thought Suarez' knee was busted

version

Yeah, they might be a couple of signings too far. Iniesta's barely played recently and Suarez is allegedly on his last legs and having daily injections to deal with the pain. That being said, given how easy it looks for Messi and Busquets, even they might do well.

entertainment

There is something very strange and slightly unnerving about imagining Messi speak English isn't there? He has somehow yet to utter a word of English in public.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Busquets and Messi are having fun in Miami.

I don't understand how they square his 50m salary with the 5m wage cap - is there an exemption for big stars or something?

So he's doing well then? I saw him score a freekick winner in his first (I think) game but haven't checked up since.