version

Why go Saudi though? I get people wanting a payday but the money he was on at PSG meant he's had that, why not one last challenge? But that's his mentality - or how I perceive it anyhow.

It's all gossip atm, but I've read Mbappe forced him out and he wanted Barca but Xavi wasn't keen and they probably couldn't afford him anyway.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I guess you could argue that he (or the whole thing that comes with him) can't really fit into a top top team. I mean City ain't gonna sign that circus... but Man Utd of at least Newcastle Utd probably would.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Women's world cup semi England v Australia kicks off in a min, none of you give a fuck right?

My cousin is married to an Australian, we're gonna try and 'likely-lads' it and watch it later with them. Maybe.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I hope he does well. Bellingham too. Hate Bayern and really, ha, hate Real, but I want those two to succeed. Especially Bellingham, I hope so much he lives up to his promise.

version

Apparently some of the Dortmund players were glad to see the back of Bellingham. I dunno whether that's down to him genuinely being a dick or them pissing about and him trying to motivate them. Some of the Dortmund fans in the thread said a bunch of their players are a bit soft and Bellingham's really ambitious.

version

You see the Barca game the other night? I hadn't seen anything from La Liga in a while and it was fucking appalling. The officiating was bad enough you'd think it was rigged.

The league's supposed to be losing a ton of money because of how bad it's gotten and Tebas, the guy in charge, is forcing all the clubs to have TV cameras in the dressing room and stuff. Madrid are the only team rich enough to tell him to fuck off and they're being fined 13m for it.

version

Tebas feels as though he's doing to the league what Bartomeu did to Barcelona. Just bad decision after bad decision. Running the thing into the ground.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Sad if so cos, whatever its faults, it's one of the few leagues in Europe where you can't be ninety-nine percent certain who will win it. Fifty percent maybe.

mixed_biscuits

You can watch the full game too.

Sky used to offer this. It was called Player Cam. I'm sure coverage was better back then: greater variety of camera angles and more frequent close ups. I don't know why they don't munify every player with an on-body camera. It would be awesome.

luka

Neymar to Saudi seems to cap off the sense of a wasted career since leaving Barca.
i was just enjoying reading his list of demands in barney ronays colum im not allowed to link to
the guardian.com/football/blog/2023/aug/18/neymar-creative-genius-al-hilal-saudi-arabia