Bus drivers are cunts

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
AND ANOTHER THING...got home tonight/this morning no thanks to the prick driving the N8 eastbound from Liverpool Street at 1.37 (you know who you are) who failed to stop at the stop despite clearly not being full (got home on a much fuller bus half an hour later), who did actually stop to let people off when I chased him a hundred yards up the road, but refused to let me on. Utter dickhead. I'm going to complain about this, it's certainly not the first time I've seen this sort of twattery.

Edit: having said that, it did give me and my friend the opportunity to get chatting this monumentally friendly Jamaican chap who was also royally pissed off about the bus passing us by, which at least made the wait until the next bus seem a bit less long, so it All Worked Out In The End, I suppose.

Last edited:
buses are the shittest form of transport in london. i'd rather walk, tube it or an unholy combination of both, and thats saying something.

but least of all, driving. my car is a rusting hulk permanently parked outside my house.

in fact transport in london is a constant tedious life wasting headache, full stop.

(sorry, had a bad journey today lol)

buses are the best way of getting about london - save maybe cycling or walking. getting the tube doesnt even enter my head. nightbuses going the wrong way to the night time rush are a joy. sometimes i do the number 4 route just because it takes 3 hours to get to waterloo.

having said that, sharing buses with other people at rush hours can be shit or it can be a right laugh in a way that tube journeys almost never are. it aint great if you've got somewhere to be quick but quit moaning about wasting precious time! it used to be all about the joy of travelling.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I'm going to complain about this, it's certainly not the first time I've seen this sort of twattery."
I actually complained about the 242 bus route the other day, it stops half-way to it's destination almost every morning when I'm on my way to work. I know that the bus drivers are supposed to keep to a time-table and if they can't make it they turn around but the time-table as it is is obviously too optimistic and has the inevitable result of a load of pissed-off passengers being dumped by Holborn Circus every morning.
Mine was more a general complaint about the faceless overlords who decide what the bus drivers do rather than about the drivers themselves but it almost fits in here.
I've realised that, now that everyone has a website, I love complaining about things. Getting a letter, writing and posting it is too much trouble for any of the small inconveniences that constantly grind you down but now that you can sit at your desk and fire off a few choice insults in a couple of minutes it can really have a cathartic effect.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
The thing about buses is that the whole system is cunt-laden. The companies are run by cunts, the drivers are cunts, and the passengers are cunts. When I get on a bus I become cunt-like, intolerant, aggressive, impatient. The whole system seemingly amplifies cuntitude, its a feedback system of cuntdom.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Oh man! Come on! A sunny day, walkman, can of coke, sitting on the front of the bus upstairs? There's nothing much better in the world. Heh just don't rely on them for getting anywhere on time or anything like that."
"The thing about buses is that the whole system is cunt-laden."
I think that the truth is somewhere in between. I always prefer to travel by bus rather than tube because you get a nice view, you get to know your way around etc It's just in rush hour it's an absolute nightmare because the roads are totally blocked and buses are hugely unwieldy. Everyone is desperate to get to work and they are all stressed out and everything is going wrong and there are always roadworks everywhere. I don't blame the buses though, it seems pretty obvious that this situation is an inevitable consequence of capitalism.

bassnation

the abyss
Of course it's not right to laugh the misfortune of others, but there is something very funny and absurd about people behaving like total bastards, you ever watched The Young Ones? ;)

reading that message back i was being a tad self-righteous, sorry.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
I think that the truth is somewhere in between. I always prefer to travel by bus rather than tube because you get a nice view, you get to know your way around etc It's just in rush hour it's an absolute nightmare because the roads are totally blocked and buses are hugely unwieldy. Everyone is desperate to get to work and they are all stressed out and everything is going wrong and there are always roadworks everywhere. I don't blame the buses though, it seems pretty obvious that this situation is an inevitable consequence of capitalism.

The people on buses are more obnoxious than tubes tho, in my experience. People talk loudly, bastards play tinny music from speaker phones. Old people MOVE VERY SLOWLY. (Ok that's not entirely their fault but it adds to the sense of grinding anger...) -- see how intolerant I become just thinking about Buses...? At least I don't have to see the actual Tube Drivers.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I saw one today - he was slumped forward with half his face concealed by one hand - looked half asleep!
In defence of buses, at least people usually spead out to fill the available space, whereas you always get twats on the tube who set foot inside the carriage and then just STOP, forcing anyone else who wants to get on either to ask them to move down the carriage or mumble "'scuse me" and awkwardly barge past them. I've found the Central line to be especially bad for this.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'll bet you anything you like a single bus ride in Sao Paulo doesn't cost a quid fifty.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I'll bet you anything you like a single bus ride in Sao Paulo doesn't cost a quid fifty."
It costs two quid in London now.

This morning there was some homeless guy on the bus who was drunk and he had a dog with him. It was running round and round the bus. At one stop it just ran through the doors and out to freedom, the guy ran and stood in the doorway (it was a bendy bus) and refused to let the door close for about five minutes as he tried to entice the dog back in. Eventually it got back on the bus and he turned round in triumph. Unfortunately, as he did that the dog jumped off the bus again, the door shut and the bus drove off with this guy completely oblivious. A few people shouted to him and he realised that the dog was off the bus and tried to prise the doors open but no luck. The bus driver either refused to stop or didn't see him and he couldn't get off until a good five minutes (spent desperately trying to get his fingers in the door crack) down the road. Seems to me that - if he saw what was going on - that bus driver was a cunt.

It costs two quid in London now.

This morning there was some homeless guy on the bus who was drunk and he had a dog with him. It was running round and round the bus. At one stop it just ran through the doors and out to freedom, the guy ran and stood in the doorway (it was a bendy bus) and refused to let the door close for about five minutes as he tried to entice the dog back in.

:(

There's a voice that keeps on calling me
Down the road is where I'll always be

Every stop I make, I'll make a new friend
Can't stay for long, just turn around and I'm gone again.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want settle down,
Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Down this road, that never seems to end,
Where new adventure, lies just around the bend.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Holy shit. Just another reason for me to avoid the 25 (officially London's Crappest Bus Route as it is, and the only one that goes back to where I live from the cetre of town, ho hum).

Speaking of music on mobile phones, I had a minor victory today when I asked some lad to put headphones on, and he actually just turned the music off. Woohoo! It was on the tube, not a bus, though.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Holy shit. Just another reason for me to avoid the 25 (officially London's Crappest Bus Route as it is, and the only one that goes back to where I live from the cetre of town, ho hum)."
The woman who sits next to me at work was moaning about how she was delayed this morning due to the hold-up on Romford Road. When that link was posted I told her what it was.... turns out her husband drives a 25.