doom

Public Housing
it's a messy mix but it scores on enthusiasim

gimme enthusiasim anyday!!!! I kinda like this 'oh fuckit - bosh the next tune in' style :D

Great tunes as well. The name really rings a bell but I can't place it, he's not connected to G. Family at all? I swear I've seen it somewhere before...

faustus

tunes i'm loving at the moment:

nb funky - frequency
mr roach - total confusion
banton - music saved my life
dubplate wonder - stronger than me remix
?? - 'freeze' t-pain remix
footloose - the bass
karizma - twisted/ broken beats
ill blu - say yes remix
new sound therapy - hard steppin
lighter - skanker

like the fact that i don't own any of them and half of them probably never will, although if any are out on digital please let me know ;)

mms

sometimes
gimme enthusiasim anyday!!!! I kinda like this 'oh fuckit - bosh the next tune in' style :D

Great tunes as well. The name really rings a bell but I can't place it, he's not connected to G. Family at all? I swear I've seen it somewhere before...

he's in playdoe and a band called sweat x too, he's from capetown.

Last edited:
I wonder what Universal are going to do with it?? There have been so many spin-offs it's become a fashion trend. :mad:

Innit. Some of these youtube dance routines just seem so overly complex as well- skank calm down is just mad. Tunes big though.

Party Hard is THE riddim for me right now though.

dj's dj

tunes i'm loving at the moment:

nb funky - frequency
mr roach - total confusion
banton - music saved my life
dubplate wonder - stronger than me remix
?? - 'freeze' t-pain remix
footloose - the bass
karizma - twisted/ broken beats
ill blu - say yes remix
new sound therapy - hard steppin
lighter - skanker

like the fact that i don't own any of them and half of them probably never will, although if any are out on digital please let me know ;)

you can start with the Karizma track; it is called 'Twyst This' and can be downloaded from Traxsource - an amazing tune. As he's from the states, I'll say he is the Todd Edwards of UK Funky.

Algierstwin

Innit. Some of these youtube dance routines just seem so overly complex as well- skank calm down is just mad. Tunes big though.

Party Hard is THE riddim for me right now though.

yesss yesssss.

keep missing his vinyl runs so going to have to be on the look-out for this.

just gets right inside the brain doesn't it.

to universal?
wow they're quick off the mark, wonder if it will actually get released.

Tune dropped about 4 months ago to be fair, got on youtube probably two months afterwards?

But yeah, it's a quick turnaround. They've signed them for a fair amount from what I heard, so we'll see really. It's the type of tune I can imagine catching on fairly quickly though.

mms

sometimes
Tune dropped about 4 months ago to be fair, got on youtube probably two months afterwards?

But yeah, it's a quick turnaround. They've signed them for a fair amount from what I heard, so we'll see really. It's the type of tune I can imagine catching on fairly quickly though.

haha ok i just heard it, i think, slow-as-you-like.
yeah its got a dance going on, funny how funky has definitley revived the record on record dance craze.

That's always something i've been really interested in regional dance styles in the states etc, all that.

Yeah, there's quite a few at the moment-

skank, calm down; tribal skank; bird walk.

I don't know any of them but they're funny to watch

QueenofSheba

Keep It Funky!!
to universal?
wow they're quick off the mark, wonder if it will actually get released.

I heard they're re-shooting the video so I imagine there is a plan to in place at the moment. The track really is too infectious to bypass however. My son is forever chanting "Bubbly Bubbly" and "Let me see you take it backwards" I just have to wonder if they wasn't quick enough?? With all the follow ups, it does feel a little bit more older than it is!! :slanted: