Psychic TV

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's just struck me that now we're not going to get a Psychic TV song when another member of the Stones dies.

"This is a story,
A fairly boring story;
It's about Ronnie Wood,
Who wasn't very goo-oo-ood..."

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
Throbbing Gristle described as a "rock band"! :eek:

They were a rock band - or at least they were by the time they packed in. Listening to TG24, the early gigs they're experimenting with sound and noise. The later gigs they're just turning up and running through their repertoire of "songs", which get to be very boring very quickly.

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
I used to like TG, PTV and Coil a lot but gradually went off all three, partly because of the people involved and partly because I just fell out of love with the music. Coil were easily the best though, imo. I just find TG irritating now.

Psychic TV, Chris & Cosey, Coil were... not for me.

TG on the other hand... :)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
OK, so they got a bit more conventionally musical, but it's still scarcely "rock music" as such.

Simon silverdollarcircle

I love coil with a mad passion. That's made me prejudiced against psychic tv cos of the schism.

I think some dissensians were involved with TOPY? Eden, may be? Fascinated to know what it was really like

john eden

male pale and stale
A lot of it is tangled up with what I was like as a teenager and some amazing people I met and some incredible experiences we shared. But also realising that some of the philosophy was shite and so were some of the people. And some of the music.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Mistersloane told me he was an official member of Coil once. Only for a day, but that's still pretty :cool: if you ask me.

DannyL

Wild Horses
A lot of it is tangled up with what I was like as a teenager and some amazing people I met and some incredible experiences we shared. But also realising that some of the philosophy was shite and so were some of the people. And some of the music.

For me, a lot of it was bound up with v different stuff than "industrial culture", which is maybe lost when you read about this stuff from a distance. I was never into the music (was more into rap, house music and "rare groove" at the time) Meeting people from TOPY was an outgrowth of my interest in fanzines and mail art really. It did prove a catalyst for exploring lots of other stuff though, a lot of which is still with me in mutated form. It also gave some grounding to my early interest in drugs and altered states - I built a dream machine out of card which I put on top of my family's old record player in our front room, for instance, started meditating, keeping a dream diary, tons of other stuff.

Never met Gen but he provides vivid confirmation of something I've known for a long time - that commitment to alternative ideas and ideologies means pretty much nothing if the person is damaged underneath all this. It can in fact do the opposite - provide clever justifications for just being an utter cunt. (Being involved in any political grouping for more than 10 seconds should bring this home if you got any brains at all - Wilhelm Reich nailed it way back).

Last edited:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
was watching an awkward nardwuar vs gen interview yesterday and nard asked gen if sleazy's parents knew the queen. gen said yes, lord and lady christopherson were actually good friends with her and would go for tea and chat over dinner and whatnot. at one dinner the queen asked lady c. what young peter was doing these days and she said 'he's working with an artist called genesis p. orridge.' the queen, slightly rattled, turned to the head of MI5 and said 'we know all about this person, don't we.' who then said 'you should get your son away from this person, lady christopherson.'

*shrug*

kind of funny to think of the queen being aware of gen

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
was watching an awkward nardwuar vs gen interview yesterday and nard asked gen if sleazy's parents knew the queen. gen said yes, lord and lady christopherson were actually good friends with her and would go for tea and chat over dinner and whatnot. at one dinner the queen asked lady c. what young peter was doing these days and she said 'he's working with an artist called genesis p. orridge.' the queen, slightly rattled, turned to the head of MI5 and said 'we know all about this person, don't we.' who then said 'you should get your son away from this person, lady christopherson.'

*shrug*

kind of funny to think of the queen being aware of gen

Love it. The idea that anyone could constitute a bad influence on Sleazy is pretty hilarious.

jenks

thread death
Love it. The idea that anyone could constitute a bad influence on Sleazy is pretty hilarious.

Sounds like classic Gen self-aggrandisement. He also claimed that people were trying to get hold of him teh night Ian Curtis. He loved to insert himself into the story.

john eden

male pale and stale
The idea that MI5 knew about Gen is fair enough.

The idea that they briefed the Queen about Gen is ludicrous.