Psychic TV

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I suppose it was inevitable, there is now a channel called Psychic TV. Saw it last night, you can guess what it's all about - grizzly stuff. It was to be followed by 'Acid TV'.

*shrugs*

swears

preppy-kei
Apparently, you can rent out channels on cable for a grand a week or something, I reckon you could charge people to show their programs, sub-let slots by the half-hour.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I hope it somehow ends up as channel 23.

I also hope their logo looks like this:
edna.jpg

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
I hope it somehow ends up as channel 23.

I also hope their logo looks like this:
edna.jpg
That's not the logo but some of the presenters do look like that.

It's on Sky channel 886 apparently so they missed a trick. 887 and it would have all added up.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's on Sky channel 886 apparently so they missed a trick. 887 and it would have all added up.

You've lost me there - I've tried various combinations of 23 and 666 but I can't make 887...is it something to do with (*adopts Deep Thought voice*) FORTY-TWO? :slanted:

Jaie Miller

i want her to acknowledge my presence when im watching..im staring at her for signs, but all iget are random eyebrow raises and subtle hmmmss..and mmmss...

Leo

while I respect/like TG and early PTV, my feelings about gen have long been tainted by stories from a friend who played with him for a few years. we cut our heroes a lot of slack. suffice to say, gen was not always a very nice person.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Well that's going to leave big (counter-)cultural hole that won't be filled in hurry, or ever.

Seconding what Leo said. Interesting person, for sure, and responsible for some great/weird music, but perhaps hard to wholeheartedly endorse.

I expect John and Danny might have a bit more to say about him/her than I can.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
That is for sure. The Cosey bio goes into gory detail about it apparently. Hard to deny the bodies of work though.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Haven't read it, but I gather she's only still alive because GPO has - had - a shit aim with a breeze block.

version

I used to like TG, PTV and Coil a lot but gradually went off all three, partly because of the people involved and partly because I just fell out of love with the music. Coil were easily the best though, imo. I just find TG irritating now.

Leo

I used to like TG, PTV and Coil a lot but gradually went off all three, partly because of the people involved and partly because I just fell out of love with the music. Coil were easily the best though, imo. I just find TG irritating now.

yeah, I'm not into listening to that type of music anymore either, aside from the occasional coil binge. TG were the most consequential and influential, though. I guess you need to think about it in terms of what it was like at the time, pretty groundbreaking when they came out.

version

I'm in a spot where I respect the influence but don't really feel the need to go back and listen too often.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Yeah some things are great because of what they meant at their time and place but don't necessarily need to be kept afloat. The Chris and Cosey stuff has its moments too, fwiw.

Edit: I actually still like a bunch of TG PTv tho

Last edited: