Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's crazy how often you hear about a driver being busted with tons of drugs, or a dead body or 15 undocumented migrants in the back of a van or something, after being pulled over because they had a broken tail light or they committed some minor driving infraction. Like, if that were you, wouldn't you be on your very best behaviour, with your car all taxed, insured and MOT'd?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
A man has been arrested after reportedly trying to sell stolen goods to the public while they were gathered at a crime scene in Grimsby.

The man - seen by witnesses with a large variety of meat - , was spotted trying to sell items on Lincoln Boulevard, off Cromwell Road in Grimsby. At the time, Humberside Police were at the scene of a major investigation where a man was arrested following a 12 hour roof top standoff.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Best bit of judge trolling I've heard was as follows

Defendant - I shouldn't have done that but I was as drunk as a judge
Judge - I believe that the saying that the defendant wants is in fact as "drunk as a lord"
Defendant - sorry M'lord.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Best bit of judge trolling I've heard was as follows

Defendant - I shouldn't have done that but I was as drunk as a judge
Judge - I believe that the saying that the defendant wants is in fact as "drunk as a lord"
Defendant - sorry M'lord.
I've heard this before - did it really happen or is one of those apocryphal stories? It's a nice joke either way.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Can't say for sure. I read it in a book my parents had when I was a kid. It was reported as true and I think had names and dates and so on so it ought to be possible to verify it either way if I still had the book which I don't

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
this should go in the "this week's most brilliant criminals" thread but since there isn't one i'll post it here:

four guys dressed as peaky blinders robbing an art fair in holland during broad daylight and rumoured to getting away with at least some ultra rare necklash worth 27 million euro.

it warms my heart and i sincerely hope they are drinking cocktails somewhere on a caribbean island right now.

Leo

Don't romanticize crime, yyaldrin. Crime don't pay.

I like the old guy sitting on the little bench in the middle of the hallway, watching the whole thing happen right around him and then they all run past.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
yes the old guy is great, imagine if he's part of the plot! the guy with the flower vase is such a wanker though, the kind of guy that would rat you out shoplifting.

Leo

yeah, flower vase guy starts out like trying to be a hero and then buggers off pretty quickly when he sees their guns!