Robert Hood fabric Mix

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
have been listening to a lot of robert hood lately since version posted one in the what are you listening today topic. i think he really stands out with his productions, they're so groovy, so full of swing and funk.

Last edited:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
He's fantastic. Master of using just a few ingredients and riding them out for a whole track. His redbull music academy lecture is great. Theres a bit where he talks about getting a bigger kick from seeing one guy dancing alone at the back of the room, going wild, rather than pleasing the whole crowd.

Last edited:

Leo

"minimal nation", "internal empire" and that first cheap records album were among the first techno records I ever bought, it was a whole strange new world to me. I picked them off the shelves of sonic groove, checked them out on the listening station and couldn't believe these weird, repetitive minimalist sounds. like a new world opening up.

can't say I'm a much of a floorplan fan, though.

version

have been listening to a lot of robert hood lately since version posted one in the what are you listening today topic. i think he really stands out with his productions, they're so groovy, so full of swing and funk.

One thing that came to mind when I posted this one was that those pads at the start would be a perfect sample for a jungle tune.

Last edited:

chava

"minimal nation", "internal empire" and that first cheap records album were among the first techno records I ever bought, it was a whole strange new world to me. I picked them off the shelves of sonic groove, checked them out on the listening station and couldn't believe these weird, repetitive minimalist sounds. like a new world opening up.

can't say I'm a much of a floorplan fan, though.

Ooh yes mid 90s Rob Hood. When I first heard Minimal Nation I didn't get it, by the third listen I knew that techno could only be made proper in the Midwest and I threw out my Euro techno and UK IDM records. The Movable Parts 12" is another WTF moment with sequences impossible to recreate.

I also love the fact he is a reborn Christian playing in whatever degenerate places the world over.